z80pack release 1.16 - CP/M

This is a discussion on z80pack release 1.16 - CP/M ; available at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/ This release fixes two problems: Some programs, like Z-System history shell and UCSD p-System IV.0, use busy waiting loops on the console status port. This loops cause high CPU usage on the host system, but without that ...

  1. z80pack release 1.16

    available at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/

    This release fixes two problems:

    Some programs, like Z-System history shell and UCSD p-System IV.0, use
    busy waiting loops on the console status port. This loops cause high CPU
    usage on the host system, but without that the emulator would do
    anything really useful. A reliable algorithm is implemented, that slows
    down the emulation in such situations, without affecting performance, if
    other work is to do. This is not so easy as one might think, because we
    also have to take care about realtime OS's like MP/M.

    The UNIX terminal line discipline added a CR for any LF send to the
    terminal. This was not a problem with any CP/M software I have seen, but
    the UCSD fullscreen editor relies on LF going down one line , and
    nothing else. Now the editor is more pleasant to use than before.

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk

  2. Re: z80pack release 1.16

    Hello Udo,

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:02:30 +0200, Udo Munk wrote:

    >available at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/

    Thanks for your Info.

    Rolf

+ Reply to Thread