UCSD pSystem Version I.5 available - CP/M

This is a discussion on UCSD pSystem Version I.5 available - CP/M ; at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/ If you are using version II.0 already I would suggest to remove it from your system. I also re-packed the II.0 download archives, to avoid a mess with the disks from different versions. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, ...

  1. UCSD pSystem Version I.5 available

    at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/

    If you are using version II.0 already I would suggest to remove it from
    your system. I also re-packed the II.0 download archives, to avoid a
    mess with the disks from different versions. I'm sorry for the
    inconvenience, at the time when I build the II.0 version no usable bits
    for other releases where available. I corrected the problem so that all
    disk files and shell scripts now have the version number as part of the
    filename.

    Available are ready to boot disks, everything configured appropriate
    same as with II.0. Available are the disk images I used to build the
    disks for z80sim. Also the PDF manual for I.5 is available.

    The CP/M disk to build the boot bits for the UCSD pSystem is the same
    for both versions. I had a brief look at the I.5 stuff, same logic was
    used and the boot bits I build for II.0 works fine too with I.5. So I
    didn't look into the details of the I.5 boot stuff, this is older and so
    it won't be better anyway.

    If you would like to use I.5 on another emulation, all you have to do is
    getting the bootable disks for z80sim and write a new boot record on the
    first system disk, which has the appropriate BIOS for the machine.

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk

  2. Re: UCSD pSystem Version I.5 available

    Udo Munk wrote:

    >at ftp://ftp.unix4fun.org/z80pack/
    >
    >If you are using version II.0 already I would suggest to remove it from
    >your system. I also re-packed the II.0 download archives, to avoid a
    >mess with the disks from different versions. I'm sorry for the
    >inconvenience, at the time when I build the II.0 version no usable bits
    >for other releases where available. I corrected the problem so that all
    >disk files and shell scripts now have the version number as part of the
    >filename.
    >
    >Available are ready to boot disks, everything configured appropriate
    >same as with II.0. Available are the disk images I used to build the
    >disks for z80sim. Also the PDF manual for I.5 is available.
    >
    >The CP/M disk to build the boot bits for the UCSD pSystem is the same
    >for both versions. I had a brief look at the I.5 stuff, same logic was
    >used and the boot bits I build for II.0 works fine too with I.5. So I
    >didn't look into the details of the I.5 boot stuff, this is older and so
    >it won't be better anyway.
    >
    >If you would like to use I.5 on another emulation, all you have to do is
    >getting the bootable disks for z80sim and write a new boot record on the
    >first system disk, which has the appropriate BIOS for the machine.
    >
    >Enjoy,
    >Udo Munk

    Thanks Udo, its is great!

+ Reply to Thread