Unknown floppy drive - CP/M

This is a discussion on Unknown floppy drive - CP/M ; Can anyone help to identify this floppy drive ? I have four of them w/ o computers. http://profile.imageshack.us/user/alecv/images/ It seems a German/Austrian MUPID but can't find any information about floppies for this system. -- -=AV=-...

  1. Unknown floppy drive

    --
    -=AV=-

  2. Re: Unknown floppy drive

    On 7 Aug., 17:15, Alec Voropay wrote:
    > Can anyone help to identify this floppy drive ? I have four of them w/
    > o computers.
    >
    > http://profile.imageshack.us/user/alecv/images/
    >
    > It seems a German/Austrian MUPID but can't find any information about
    > floppies for this system.
    >
    > --
    > -=AV=-

    Have a look at http://much.iicm.edu and look under Projekte and
    MUPID .... it was a networked colour graphcis homecomputer in the
    1980s, some 50.000 were produced in Austria
    Cheers Hermann Maurer hmaurer@iicm.edu

  3. Re: Unknown floppy drive

    On 8 ΑΧΗ, 12:38, hmaurer...@gmail.com wrote:

    > Have a look athttp://much.iicm.edu and look under Projekte and MUPID

    Thank you for the answer !

    I've found some information there:

    http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=1112

    It states: "Two different floppy systems were available. An
    intelligent 5.25' system (64KB RAM, 8 KB ROM, Z80 CPU) or a dumb 3.5'
    system that was controlled by the Mupid."

    So, it's such "dumb" 3.5' floppy system...

    --
    -=AV=-

+ Reply to Thread