Re: WANTED: 3-Holes IBM PC-style Binder - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: WANTED: 3-Holes IBM PC-style Binder - CP/M ; > Message-ID: "Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France" wrote: > I have pulled apart one of my favorite CP/M book, then punched it with an > American 3-holes punch. (In France, we only use 2 and 4 holes.) > Now, I am ...

  1. Re: WANTED: 3-Holes IBM PC-style Binder

    "Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France" wrote:
    > I have pulled apart one of my favorite CP/M book, then punched it with an
    > American 3-holes punch. (In France, we only use 2 and 4 holes.)
    > Now, I am looking for a 3-holes, IBM PC-style binder.

    Any reason you didn't punch it with a 2-hole or 4-hole punch? Then
    you could have used any off-the-shelf 2-ring or 4-ring binder.

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    The most perfect world is an imperfect world as the imperfections

  2. Re: WANTED: 3-Holes IBM PC-style Binder

    Hello, Jonathan!

    > Any reason you didn't punch it with a 2-hole or 4-hole punch? Then
    > you could have used any off-the-shelf 2-ring or 4-ring binder.

    Hahaha! Yes: the book was coming from the USA, so its format is very close
    to the one found inside those 3-ring IBM PC-style binder.

    (If it had been printed on European A4 paper, I would have, of course, used
    a common A4 binder. CP/M Manuals, at the beginning, were printed on American
    11" paper, so their size was unlike anything that exists in Europe. Since I
    am a programmer, and was fed up with the difference of formatting made by
    some US assemblers when not using 11" folding paper, I made the logical
    decision, and order specially some 11" folding paper (also know as
    "stationary"). As a result I have one or two 11" cardboard box(es), that I
    keep preciously to protect those unusual-format listings.)

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

  3. Re: WANTED: 3-Holes IBM PC-style Binder

    Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France wrote:

    >>Any reason you didn't punch it with a 2-hole or 4-hole punch? Then
    >>you could have used any off-the-shelf 2-ring or 4-ring binder.

    > Hahaha! Yes: the book was coming from the USA, so its format is very close
    > to the one found inside those 3-ring IBM PC-style binder.

    I think I know the ones you mean. They use 5.5 by 8.5 inch paper,
    8.5 by 11 cut in half. The MS ones use the same hole spacing but the
    paper is a little wider.

    > (If it had been printed on European A4 paper, I would have, of course, used
    > a common A4 binder. CP/M Manuals, at the beginning, were printed on American
    > 11" paper, so their size was unlike anything that exists in Europe. Since I
    > am a programmer, and was fed up with the difference of formatting made by
    > some US assemblers when not using 11" folding paper, I made the logical
    > decision, and order specially some 11" folding paper (also know as
    > "stationary"). As a result I have one or two 11" cardboard box(es), that I
    > keep preciously to protect those unusual-format listings.)

    I tried to buy some A4 paper in the US, but it is hard to find.

    -- glen

+ Reply to Thread