Microshell anyone? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Microshell anyone? - CP/M ; Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing sh.ovr for the full functionality. Thanks, Udo Munk -- The real fun is building it and then ...

  1. Microshell anyone?

    Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    Thanks,
    Udo Munk

  2. Re: Microshell anyone?

    > Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    > to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    > sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    ftp.braillnet.cz/eureka/

    De

  3. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Dennis Boone schrieb:
    > > Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    > > to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    > > sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    > ftp.braillnet.cz/eureka/
    >
    > De

    That one is missing shsave.com, but better having the overlay for full
    functionality. Many thanks!

    Udo Munk

  4. Re: Microshell anyone?

    "Udo Munk" wrote in message
    > Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    > to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    > sh.ovr for the full functionality.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Udo Munk
    > --
    > The real fun is building it and then using it...

    I should be able to help you with that. Will have a look..

    Max

  5. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Udo Munk wrote:

    > Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M?
    > I was able to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual.
    > Unfortunately I'm missing sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    Take a look at CCPLUS, used with DOSPLUS2.4, but usable with CP/m
    2.2. See:

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  6. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Max Scane wrote:
    > "Udo Munk" wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    >> to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    >> sh.ovr for the full functionality.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Udo Munk
    >> --
    >> The real fun is building it and then using it...

    > I should be able to help you with that. Will have a look..
    >
    > Max

    Hi Udo, hi Max,

    Udo, were do you find shsave.com? Can you please
    send everything to Gabi's site or to the commercial
    cpm side!

    Max, do you happen to have the MICROTOOLS software, too?

    Thanks,

    Uwe.

  7. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Uwe Nass schrieb:
    > Max Scane wrote:
    >> "Udo Munk" wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    >>> to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    >>> sh.ovr for the full functionality.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Udo Munk
    >>> --
    >>> The real fun is building it and then using it...

    >> I should be able to help you with that. Will have a look..
    >>
    >> Max
    >>

    > Hi Udo, hi Max,
    >
    > Udo, were do you find shsave.com? Can you please
    > send everything to Gabi's site or to the commercial
    > cpm side!

    Don't know anymore, it was a web site using cyrillic which I could not
    read. So now I have version 2.0u sh.com and shsave.com and version 2.0
    sh.com and sh.ovr, both incomplete.

    > Max, do you happen to have the MICROTOOLS software, too?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Uwe.

    Udo Munk

  8. Re: Microshell anyone?

    CBFalconer schrieb:
    > Udo Munk wrote:
    >> Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M?
    >> I was able to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual.
    >> Unfortunately I'm missing sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    > Take a look at CCPLUS, used with DOSPLUS2.4, but usable with CP/m
    > 2.2. See:

    I do run DOSPLUS on my emulated machine and there even is a ready to
    boot disk available, for those who don't want to build it self.

    But that won't help me with the incomplete microshell bits I found so far.

    Udo Munk

  9. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Udo Munk wrote:
    > CBFalconer schrieb:
    >> Udo Munk wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M?
    >>> I was able to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual.
    >>> Unfortunately I'm missing sh.ovr for the full functionality.

    >> Take a look at CCPLUS, used with DOSPLUS2.4, but usable with CP/m
    >> 2.2. See:
    >>

    > I do run DOSPLUS on my emulated machine and there even is a ready
    > to boot disk available, for those who don't want to build it self.
    >
    > But that won't help me with the incomplete microshell bits I found
    > so far.

    The point is that CCPLUS is a complete CCP (i.e. a CP/M shell) and
    that it will function on CP/M 2.2. As I recall any features that
    require DOSPLUS can be inhibited with out altering the shell.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  10. Re: Microshell anyone?

    CBFalconer schrieb:
    > Udo Munk wrote:
    >> CBFalconer schrieb:

    >>> Take a look at CCPLUS, used with DOSPLUS2.4, but usable with CP/m
    >>> 2.2. See:
    >>>

    >> I do run DOSPLUS on my emulated machine and there even is a ready
    >> to boot disk available, for those who don't want to build it self.
    >>
    >> But that won't help me with the incomplete microshell bits I found
    >> so far.

    > The point is that CCPLUS is a complete CCP (i.e. a CP/M shell) and
    > that it will function on CP/M 2.2. As I recall any features that
    > require DOSPLUS can be inhibited with out altering the shell.

    They I know all that. As I said I implemented DOSPLUS on my system, even
    wrote a BIOS with clock support for it, and made a ready to boot disk
    available for others. Nevertheless I would like a complete microshell
    distribution as I used in the 80's, to complete my collection of all the
    OS bits and tools I have made usable so far.

    Udo Munk

  11. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Udo Munk schrieb:
    > Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    > to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    > sh.ovr for the full functionality.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Udo Munk

    Several people took the time and mailed the bits to me, they have left
    from this. I was able to assemble an almost complete (menu.sub is
    missing) version 2.0 distribution disk from this parts. A 8" disk image
    as well as the PDF documentation is available at
    http://www.unix4fun.org/z80pack/. I also mailed an archive with all
    files to the maintainer of CP/M commercial software archive.

    I would like to thank all people who had a look at their archives and
    mailed the bits to me.

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk

  12. Re: Microshell anyone?

    Udo Munk wrote:
    > Udo Munk schrieb:
    >> Does anyone have a complete microshell distribution for CP/M? I was able
    >> to find sh.com, shsave.com and the PDF manual. Unfortunately I'm missing
    >> sh.ovr for the full functionality.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Udo Munk

    > Several people took the time and mailed the bits to me, they have left
    > from this. I was able to assemble an almost complete (menu.sub is
    > missing) version 2.0 distribution disk from this parts. A 8" disk image
    > as well as the PDF documentation is available at
    > http://www.unix4fun.org/z80pack/. I also mailed an archive with all
    > files to the maintainer of CP/M commercial software archive.
    >
    > I would like to thank all people who had a look at their archives and
    > mailed the bits to me.

    ....and I'll try to get it online with the archive as soon as I get the
    chance. Thanks Udo!

    g.

+ Reply to Thread