CP/M-86 for IBM PC - CP/M

This is a discussion on CP/M-86 for IBM PC - CP/M ; I have a really perfect early issue of an IBM-PC with monitor (like 10 million other people), with all the industrially-bound books, etc. But my dad didn't use CP/M, but MSDOS. Can anyone point me to where I might find ...

  1. CP/M-86 for IBM PC

    I have a really perfect early issue of an IBM-PC with monitor (like 10
    million other people), with all the industrially-bound books, etc.

    But my dad didn't use CP/M, but MSDOS.

    Can anyone point me to where I might find the CP/M system on floppy for
    this thing? I've looked around, ebay, blah blah, but can't seem to
    find one. Surely someone sells old copies of this?

    Tnx,

  2. Re: CP/M-86 for IBM PC

    Heyu wrote:
    > I have a really perfect early issue of an IBM-PC with monitor (like 10
    > million other people), with all the industrially-bound books, etc.
    >
    > But my dad didn't use CP/M, but MSDOS.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to where I might find the CP/M system on floppy for
    > this thing? I've looked around, ebay, blah blah, but can't seem to find
    > one. Surely someone sells old copies of this?
    >
    > Tnx,

    Gentle sir,

    Gaby's site http://www.cpm.z80.de/ has binaries for CP/M-86 1.0 (no hard
    disk support) and CP/M-86 1.1 (hard disk support) as well as CP/M-86
    manuals. What do you need? A copy of the original 5.25" diskettes?
    Original manuals?

    Richard Brady

  3. Re: CP/M-86 for IBM PC

    On 2008-07-04 14:47:07 -0500, Richard Brady
    said:

    > Heyu wrote:
    >> I have a really perfect early issue of an IBM-PC with monitor (like 10
    >> million other people), with all the industrially-bound books, etc.
    >>
    >> But my dad didn't use CP/M, but MSDOS.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me to where I might find the CP/M system on floppy for
    >> this thing? I've looked around, ebay, blah blah, but can't seem to
    >> find one. Surely someone sells old copies of this?
    >>
    >> Tnx,

    > Gentle sir,
    >
    > Gaby's site http://www.cpm.z80.de/ has binaries for CP/M-86 1.0 (no
    > hard disk support) and CP/M-86 1.1 (hard disk support) as well as
    > CP/M-86 manuals. What do you need? A copy of the original 5.25"
    > diskettes? Original manuals?
    >
    > Richard Brady

    I don't have the tools to write image to 5.25, so what I'm really
    looking for is a copy of the floppy. I could get the programs into the
    PC by a variety of means, I think - serial, modem? Not sure how, but I
    can imagine that it can be done reasonably. I haven't been able to
    find an original disk for sale, so I need a copy, I guess. The machine
    has a very small HD (6mb?).

    tnx

  4. Re: CP/M-86 for IBM PC

    Heyu wrote:
    > On 2008-07-04 14:47:07 -0500, Richard Brady
    > said:
    >
    >> Heyu wrote:
    >>> I have a really perfect early issue of an IBM-PC with monitor (like
    >>> 10 million other people), with all the industrially-bound books, etc.
    >>>
    >>> But my dad didn't use CP/M, but MSDOS.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone point me to where I might find the CP/M system on floppy
    >>> for this thing? I've looked around, ebay, blah blah, but can't seem
    >>> to find one. Surely someone sells old copies of this?
    >>>
    >>> Tnx,

    >> Gentle sir,
    >>
    >> Gaby's site http://www.cpm.z80.de/ has binaries for CP/M-86 1.0 (no
    >> hard disk support) and CP/M-86 1.1 (hard disk support) as well as
    >> CP/M-86 manuals. What do you need? A copy of the original 5.25"
    >> diskettes? Original manuals?
    >>
    >> Richard Brady

    > I don't have the tools to write image to 5.25, so what I'm really
    > looking for is a copy of the floppy. I could get the programs into the
    > PC by a variety of means, I think - serial, modem? Not sure how, but I
    > can imagine that it can be done reasonably. I haven't been able to
    > find an original disk for sale, so I need a copy, I guess. The machine
    > has a very small HD (6mb?).
    >
    > tnx

    If you have a small hard drive, it is likely to be 10 meg. CP/M-86 1.1
    could not address more than 8 meg on a hard disk. I assume you have
    5.25" diskette drives which is why you want what is basically a CP/M-86
    boot disk. I think I can convince my Windoze PC to boot under PC DOS 7
    and make copies of the original CP/M-86, 5.25" diskettes. It could take
    me a couple of days (big party today!): I must find the DOS 7 boot disk
    and copy II PC and then the original Boot disks. If you don't get a
    better offer, I'll start looking in to this on Saturday.

    If you are interested, email me by replacing each doubled letter in my
    address with a single copy of the letter.

    Richard Brady
    located in the Great Pacific Northwest.

  5. Re: CP/M-86 for IBM PC

    On 2008-07-04 15:12:06 -0500, Richard Brady
    said:

    > Heyu wrote:
    >> On 2008-07-04 14:47:07 -0500, Richard Brady
    >> said:

    >>> Gentle sir,
    >>>
    >>> Gaby's site http://www.cpm.z80.de/ has binaries for CP/M-86 1.0 (no
    >>> hard disk support) and CP/M-86 1.1 (hard disk support) as well as
    >>> CP/M-86 manuals. What do you need? A copy of the original 5.25"
    >>> diskettes? Original manuals?
    >>>
    >>> Richard Brady

    >> I don't have the tools to write image to 5.25, so what I'm really
    >> looking for is a copy of the floppy. I could get the programs into the
    >> PC by a variety of means, I think - serial, modem? Not sure how, but I
    >> can imagine that it can be done reasonably. I haven't been able to
    >> find an original disk for sale, so I need a copy, I guess. The machine
    >> has a very small HD (6mb?).
    >>
    >> tnx
    >>

    > If you have a small hard drive, it is likely to be 10 meg. CP/M-86 1.1
    > could not address more than 8 meg on a hard disk. I assume you have
    > 5.25" diskette drives which is why you want what is basically a CP/M-86
    > boot disk. I think I can convince my Windoze PC to boot under PC DOS 7
    > and make copies of the original CP/M-86, 5.25" diskettes. It could
    > take me a couple of days (big party today!): I must find the DOS 7 boot
    > disk and copy II PC and then the original Boot disks. If you don't get
    > a better offer, I'll start looking in to this on Saturday.
    >
    > If you are interested, email me by replacing each doubled letter in my
    > address with a single copy of the letter.
    >
    > Richard Brady
    > located in the Great Pacific Northwest.

    Done, Richard.
    Thanks a million!