Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels - CP/M

This is a discussion on Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels - CP/M ; I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and several plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly when I took it out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good home for ...

  1. Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and several
    plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly when I took it
    out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good home for it? I am in
    the Atlanta area.

    Vic

  2. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:38:02 -0500, Vic45 wrote:
    > I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and several
    > plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly when I took it
    > out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good home for it? I am
    > in the Atlanta area.

    And I have one of those heavy-duty soundproof printer enclosures
    that used to be used to hold these impact printers. It has a plastic see
    through hood that has air shocks that ease it closed, an internal muffin
    fan (for cooling), and the whole enclosure is on a metal stand with castors.
    It's been used as storage on my back porch for a similar length of time.
    Shipping is likely cost prohibitive (due to weight and size), but if anyone
    wants to pick it up, gimme a buzz, it's free. I'm in the Santa Rosa,
    California, area.

    --
    jimbo@sonic.net

    "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
    those who understand binary, and those who don't."

  3. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    If someone wanted to set up an old CPM machine, my printer and your
    enclosure, they would really have the "High End, State of the Art" office of
    yesteryear!

    I even know where one can find a sheetfeeder for the Diablo that would fit
    into the enclosure as well.

    Vic

    "Jim Bianchi" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:38:02 -0500, Vic45 wrote:
    >> I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and several
    >> plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly when I took it
    >> out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good home for it? I am
    >> in the Atlanta area.

    > And I have one of those heavy-duty soundproof printer enclosures
    > that used to be used to hold these impact printers. It has a plastic see
    > through hood that has air shocks that ease it closed, an internal muffin
    > fan (for cooling), and the whole enclosure is on a metal stand with
    > castors.
    > It's been used as storage on my back porch for a similar length of time.
    > Shipping is likely cost prohibitive (due to weight and size), but if
    > anyone
    > wants to pick it up, gimme a buzz, it's free. I'm in the Santa Rosa,
    > California, area.
    >
    > --
    > jimbo@sonic.net
    >
    > "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
    > those who understand binary, and those who don't."

  4. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    >I even know where one can find a sheetfeeder for the Diablo that would fit
    >into the enclosure as well.

    I've got ribbons, print wheels in cases, the cleaning kits
    and a tractor-feed. I miss having a wide carriage printer
    that took large envelopes or anything that fit around the roller.
    --

    -- mejeep deMeep ferret!

  5. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    "Vic45" wrote in

    > I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and
    > several plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly
    > when I took it out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good
    > home for it? I am in the Atlanta area.

    I used that same printer up until about 1993 on my Altos. Made lovel
    typewriter style pages, but was slow and noisy as hell. Nice for
    nostalgia's sake, but...

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

  6. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    Jeff, if you want this printer and are willing to pay for the shipping, it's
    yours. Then you can print large envelopes all you want!

    Vic

    "Jeff Jonas" wrote in message
    > >I even know where one can find a sheetfeeder for the Diablo that would
    > >fit
    >>into the enclosure as well.

    > I've got ribbons, print wheels in cases, the cleaning kits
    > and a tractor-feed. I miss having a wide carriage printer
    > that took large envelopes or anything that fit around the roller.
    > --
    >
    > -- mejeep deMeep ferret!

  7. Re: Diablo 630, ribbons and print wheels

    They did make nice pages and they were really noisy! That's why people like
    Jeff Jonas and many many others spent a fortune on nice sound dampening
    enclosures!

    Vic

    "elaich" wrote in message news:541pu9F1v2iliU1@mid.individual.net...
    > "Vic45" wrote in
    >
    >> I have a Diablo 630 with print ribbons, one metal print wheel and
    >> several plastic print wheels. This unit was functioning perfectly
    >> when I took it out of service 20+ years ago. How might I find a good
    >> home for it? I am in the Atlanta area.
    >>

    > I used that same printer up until about 1993 on my Altos. Made lovel
    > typewriter style pages, but was slow and noisy as hell. Nice for
    > nostalgia's sake, but...
    >

    > --
    > A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    > Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?