> I think I'm missing the picture on the emulators...

> I've seen lots of posts regarding emulators of vintage machines. Do they
> have a value other than educational, or perhaps a minimal value to test
> something if you don't want to fire up the old box?

While I do collect some kinds of hardware, there are systems I simply
don't have room or power to collect and run. (CDC 6500 anyone?)
Emulators give me the chance to at least work with the software.

I suspect some other "collectors" are interested solely in the
software. While I choose not to do so, it's certainly a reasonable
choice -- there's certainly a lot of history in software.

De