Building floppy drive cables - CP/M

This is a discussion on Building floppy drive cables - CP/M ; I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run either three or four drives....

  1. Building floppy drive cables

    I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was
    wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run either
    three or four drives.

  2. Re: Building floppy drive cables

    You can make them yourself. It's all standard stuff.

    Keith wrote:
    > I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was
    > wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run either
    > three or four drives.

  3. Re: Building floppy drive cables

    In article <5kp6t2ld1c16a6oeos0jdviuumejk22kit@4ax.com>,
    Keith wrote:
    >I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was
    >wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run either
    >three or four drives.

    The "old" floppy drive cables were simply straight-thru ribbon cables.
    No cable twist or oddities.
    The only "trick" is planning what side/orientation for the connectors
    depending on the drive orientation in the cabinet,
    lest you fold and twist the cables for every drive.
    --

    -- mejeep deMeep ferret!

  4. Re: Building floppy drive cables

    "Keith" wrote in message
    >I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was
    > wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run
    > either
    > three or four drives.

    You didn't say what connectors you need, but you can find some at

    http://www.action-electronics.com/cardedge.htm

    Larry

  5. Re: Building floppy drive cables

    >"Keith" wrote in message
    >>I need to add a couple more drive to an existing CCS controller and was
    >> wondering where someone can still find the cable and connectors to run
    >> either
    >> three or four drives.

    >You didn't say what connectors you need, but you can find some at
    >
    >http://www.action-electronics.com/cardedge.htm
    >
    >Larry

    Thanks for the info. This is what I was looking for. Sorry I didn't make it
    clearer. I used Jade Electronics for parts like this when I was playing with
    s-100 equipment before but I guess they are long gone. Thanks again I got the
    cable parts I need now.

+ Reply to Thread