VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image - CP/M

This is a discussion on VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image - CP/M ; Hi folks, Does anyone know how to copy or move CP/m files (downloaded from the net) into a d64 or d81 image file? I have downloaded a CP/m game but I don't understand how to move the file into a ...

  1. VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    Hi folks,
    Does anyone know how to copy or move CP/m files (downloaded from the
    net) into a d64 or d81 image file?
    I have downloaded a CP/m game but I don't understand how to move the
    file into a CP/m image file to run on the VICE x128 CP/m.
    I tried using 64copy to move the fine into a d64 image file that was
    formatted with CP/m but x128 cp/m does not see the file. However, I
    am able to see the file using 64copy.

    Thinks for your help..
    BubbaG

  2. Re: VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    Group: comp.os.cpm Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2007, 10:28am (CST-2) From:
    bubbag1956@hotmail.com (BubbaG1956)

    script:

    >Does anyone know how to copy or
    >move CP/m files (downloaded from
    >the net) into a d64 or d81 image file?

    If you can't get satisfaction here, try posting to comp.sys.cbm .

    salaam,
    dowcom

    To e-mail me, add the character zero to "dowcom". i.e.:
    dowcom(zero)(at)webtv(dot)net.

    --
    http://community.webtv.net/dowcom/DOWCOMSAMSTRADGUIDE

    MSWindows is television, Linux is radar.

  3. Re: VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    "BubbaG1956" wrote in message
    news:1171304885.275777.86680@q2g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Hi folks,
    > Does anyone know how to copy or move CP/m files (downloaded from the
    > net) into a d64 or d81 image file?
    > I have downloaded a CP/m game but I don't understand how to move the
    > file into a CP/m image file to run on the VICE x128 CP/m.
    > I tried using 64copy to move the fine into a d64 image file that was
    > formatted with CP/m but x128 cp/m does not see the file. However, I
    > am able to see the file using 64copy.
    >
    > Thinks for your help..
    > BubbaG

    I think I initially had to use this utiltiy to copy some CP/M files onto a
    CP/M disk but it's been a while.
    http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/c...x/ctools04.zip

    What game is it by chance? Perhaps I've already got a .d64 image of it that
    I could send you. Or if you wanted to send me the files, I could put them
    on a CP/M disk image and send it back to you.

    Nate

    Nate

  4. Re: VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    [SNIP]

    Ok here's one way to do it. Download the CP/M files that you want to
    transfer to CP/M disks. Use D64 Editor or your .D64 editor of choice to
    copy the CP/M files onto a standard, blank .D64 image (typical Commodore
    format). Now boot your C128 Vice Emulator into CP/M mode (using a standard
    CP/M disk of course), download the disk below and put put it into drive 9
    (or B: as it were).
    http://www.members.tripod.com/the-cb...pm/cpm3d64.zip This will be
    CPMXTRA.D64. This holds the key to get your CP/M file on your standard CBM
    disk to a CP/M disk.

    In this disk image is a little gem called RDCBM. Using it (after a little
    bit of practice), you can now copy binary files from the CBM disk image to a
    CP/M disk image where they will be quite happy.

    Just change to drive B, and execute RDCBM. This will load a menu that lets
    you copy files from CBM disks to CP/M disks. You'll put the regular .D64
    disk containing the CP/M file in the A drive and a suggested blank CP/M disk
    in drive B, then choose these menu options:

    First, set your drives. [S] does this. It will ask for "Letter of CBM
    drive: " - use A.
    Next, it will ask for letter of CP/M drive; choose B.
    Now it's time to copy. Select [B} Binary CBM -> CP/M Copy.
    You will be asked for the name of the CBM file (actually your CP/M file) and
    will need to type it in exactly.
    You will then be asked for the CP/M File Name (Drive B): - this is the name
    that the file on A: will be copied to.

    You'll have to copy the files one by one if you have multiple CP/M files to
    transfer.

    Hope this helps!

    Nate

  5. Re: VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    On Feb 13, 11:13 pm, "Nate Brazil" wrote:
    > [SNIP]
    >
    > Ok here's one way to do it. Download the CP/M files that you want to
    > transfer to CP/M disks. Use D64 Editor or your .D64 editor of choice to
    > copy the CP/M files onto a standard, blank .D64 image (typical Commodore
    > format). Now boot your C128 Vice Emulator into CP/M mode (using a standard
    > CP/M disk of course), download the disk below and put put it into drive 9
    > (or B: as it were).http://www.members.tripod.com/the-cb...pm/cpm3d64.zip This will be
    > CPMXTRA.D64. This holds the key to get your CP/M file on your standard CBM
    > disk to a CP/M disk.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Nate

    Hi Nate,
    Just wanted to let you and the other readers know that your process
    worked.
    I did have a big learning-curve as well as so strange problems with
    the version of ( CP/m + ) I initially tried it on.
    However, after some web searching I found the 28May87 version of CP/m
    + then things starting falling into place.
    For some reason CPmFast would not properly format a d64 disk image;
    not sure what's going on with that.

    Anyway, a big thinks to you and everyone that tried to help. And, I
    hope that I can contribute something to the group in the future.

  6. Re: VICE x128 - Moving CP/m files from WinXP to d64 or d81 image

    [snip]

    > Hi Nate,
    > Just wanted to let you and the other readers know that your process
    > worked.
    > I did have a big learning-curve as well as so strange problems with
    > the version of ( CP/m + ) I initially tried it on.
    > However, after some web searching I found the 28May87 version of CP/m
    > + then things starting falling into place.
    > For some reason CPmFast would not properly format a d64 disk image;
    > not sure what's going on with that.
    >
    > Anyway, a big thinks to you and everyone that tried to help. And, I
    > hope that I can contribute something to the group in the future.

    Very glad I could help! I look forward to your contributions; I'm a fan of
    Commodore 128 CP/M mode and like to try to get various games working on it.
    I even write my mother-in-law using WordStar Ver. 3.0! I've also dabbled in
    Z-80 Assember language but didnt' advance very far past printing a sentance
    to the screen. :-)

    Nate

+ Reply to Thread