The first program of 2007 is.... not from ANDRE*** but from
Xavsnap. "TRAIN RUSH" is available at http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/.
It is a fast arcade game in which you must cross the USA from east to
west.

"http://www.ts1000.us" has extended the program contest for
another year to include the celebrations for the 25 years of the
Timex-Sinclair TS1000, the ZX81 American cousin. Let's go programmers!

"http://minigamecomp.org.uk" has included again this year the
ZX81/TS1000 computer in its program contest. Three (3) categories are
offered: 1K, 2K and 4K game. The program can be 1024 bytes long, not
running within 1024 bytes. Same for the other categories.

When I first began in March 2004 giving a NEW program per
month, I stated that this series was to last for 2 years till the
25th birthday of the ZX81. But I overshot the date and continued till
I ran out of programs, programs from my diskettes (I have a Larken
diskdrive on my ZX81). I will now have to find my old audio tapes to
retrieve the other programs, then update them, then make them
presentable to you, ZX81 fans. So more programs are comming!

And yes, I am working hard on "YOOGOR". For the adventure games
lovers, this program will be a treat with a hero that has to search
high and low for his lost shield through his castle and the castle
surroundings and mainly down in the underground caves. A hero that
will have to find the secret mechanisms to open the gates, the keys
to open the doors, the safest passage to continue his quest, etc...

Key operation is simple: Only the 4 arrow keys are required. To
pick objects, you simply walk over them. To help you, there are more
than 30 different messages appearing in the dialog box. Yoogor can
move right, move left, climb up, climb down, but can not jump.

It is all graphic, all animation and all within 16kb of memory and
the graphics are made with the basic ZX81 characters and written with
the Sinclair basic language.

"YOOGOR" will be first released for the visitors at the annual ZX-
MICROFAIR held in Germany, March 16 to 18. Visit "http://www.zx-
team.de" for more details.

I am also working on revamping the content of "my" web site
with more pictures.

Goodby(t)e, ANDRE***
http://www.zx-team.de/andre
http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre/andre.htm