Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade. - CP/M

This is a discussion on Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade. - CP/M ; Commodore included a CP/M 3.0 boot disk for the 128, but you had to order the complete package, with manuals, communications, and probably MBasic, seperately. Where can I get a copy? Is there a version of GSX for the C=128? ...

  1. Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade.

    Commodore included a CP/M 3.0 boot disk for the 128, but you had to
    order the complete package, with manuals, communications, and probably
    MBasic, seperately.

    Where can I get a copy?

    Is there a version of GSX for the C=128? Is there a version of MS
    basic for CP/M with graphics and disk commands, so I don't have to use
    system calls or that irritating shell or sys command?

    I understand CP/M Plus can task switch if you have 256k. can the
    Commodore version do that with a C=1750?

  2. Re: Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade.

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:15:12 -0800, puritan_2076 wrote:

    > Commodore included a CP/M 3.0 boot disk for the 128, but you had to
    > order the complete package, with manuals, communications, and probably
    > MBasic, seperately.
    >
    > Where can I get a copy?
    >
    > Is there a version of GSX for the C=128? Is there a version of MS
    > basic for CP/M with graphics and disk commands, so I don't have to use
    > system calls or that irritating shell or sys command?
    >
    > I understand CP/M Plus can task switch if you have 256k. can the
    > Commodore version do that with a C=1750?

    I don't recall what was in the additional package, but AFAIK it wasn't
    much. Instead of beating yourself up with basick, why not try the C 128
    CP/M Comal - there was a fair amount of graphics support added to it. I
    wrote some of it.

  3. Re: Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade.

    puritan_2076@yahoo.com schrieb:
    > Commodore included a CP/M 3.0 boot disk for the 128, but you had to
    > order the complete package, with manuals, communications, and probably
    > MBasic, seperately.
    >
    > Where can I get a copy?
    >
    > Is there a version of GSX for the C=128? Is there a version of MS
    > basic for CP/M with graphics and disk commands, so I don't have to use
    > system calls or that irritating shell or sys command?
    >
    > I understand CP/M Plus can task switch if you have 256k. can the
    > Commodore version do that with a C=1750?

    Hi,

    try to start with my pages at http://www.z80.eu/c128.html , there is
    also a hint for graphics under CP/M with the C128.
    The REU (RAM Expansion Unit) is used under CP/M 3.0 as a RAMDISK. See
    also my CP/M Sources page.

    Regards
    Peter
    --
    My new project: Try http://www.z80.eu for CP/M computer infos.

  4. Re: Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade.

    Hello, Ray!

    >I don't recall what was in the additional package, but AFAIK it wasn't
    >much. Instead of beating yourself up with basick, why not try the C 128
    >CP/M Comal - there was a fair amount of graphics support added to it. I
    >wrote some of it.

    During more than one year, I tried to ressurrect COMAL for CP/M.

    I ended giving the copy I had found to Peter Schorn, since he has a very
    interesting Web page dealing with old PLs.

    http://www.schorn.ch/cpm/intro.html

    The biggest problem I had with COMAL Version 2 is that I never found
    any paper doc in English. (Apparently, a book in German was published
    for COMAL Version 2 for the Commodore C=64?)

    You obviously seems to know more than me about COMAL. Could you tell us:

    1) What version were you using?

    2) What doc you had?

    3) Have you a copy of COMAL Version 2 for MS-DOS?

    4) What is, in your opinion, the best Web site for COMAL Version 2?

    (On the Web, all the links point to a commercial site selling
    UniCOMAL, which is COMAL Version 3, but was never available for
    CP/M or MS-DOS, so is not portable.)

    Yours Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Roche

  5. Re: Commodore 128 CP/M upgrade.

    On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:18:52 +0100, French Luser wrote:

    > Hello, Ray!
    >
    >>I don't recall what was in the additional package, but AFAIK it wasn't
    >>much. Instead of beating yourself up with basick, why not try the C 128
    >>CP/M Comal - there was a fair amount of graphics support added to it. I
    >>wrote some of it.

    > During more than one year, I tried to ressurrect COMAL for CP/M.
    >
    > I ended giving the copy I had found to Peter Schorn, since he has a very
    > interesting Web page dealing with old PLs.
    >
    > http://www.schorn.ch/cpm/intro.html
    >
    > The biggest problem I had with COMAL Version 2 is that I never found
    > any paper doc in English. (Apparently, a book in German was published
    > for COMAL Version 2 for the Commodore C=64?)
    >
    > You obviously seems to know more than me about COMAL. Could you tell us:
    >
    > 1) What version were you using?

    I don't recall a specific version. I got it through the 'Comal Today'
    magazine published in U.S.

    > 2) What doc you had?

    I was fortunate enough to get a copy of the original Danish manual. I
    borrowed my mother's Danish to English dictionary and translated it (two
    years of German in college helped, BTW).

    > 3) Have you a copy of COMAL Version 2 for MS-DOS?

    I have no coal for MS. There is now a partial version free for Linux. As I
    recall, it has no graphics support.

    > 4) What is, in your opinion, the best Web site for COMAL Version 2?
    >
    > (On the Web, all the links point to a commercial site selling
    > UniCOMAL, which is COMAL Version 3, but was never available for
    > CP/M or MS-DOS, so is not portable.)
    >
    > Yours Sincerely,
    > Emmanuel Roche

+ Reply to Thread