Harte Technologies still alive? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Harte Technologies still alive? - CP/M ; Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website.... http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html -J...

  1. Harte Technologies still alive?

    Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website....

    http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html

    -J

  2. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    Well, I do know that he is "alive" because I spoke to him on Thursday of
    last week. He does indeed have a lot of great manuals on his site, but I
    know there are occasional space issues so things come and go from the site.

    If you're looking for a manual or something specifically, I might have a
    local copy of it.

    Rich

    Rich Cini

    Collector of classic computers

    Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

    Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

    Web site: http://www.altair32.com/

    /************************************************** */

    "John Crane" wrote in message
    > Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website....
    >
    > http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html
    >
    > -J

  3. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    Rich,

    Thanks for the reply. I was looking at his super I/O board for S-100
    systems - the actual hardware he has for sale, not the manuals. Do you know
    if he still makes/sells them? I've tried the email address on his site at
    least two times with no replies.

    -John

    "Richard Cini" wrote in message
    > Well, I do know that he is "alive" because I spoke to him on Thursday of
    > last week. He does indeed have a lot of great manuals on his site, but I
    > know there are occasional space issues so things come and go from the
    > site.
    >
    > If you're looking for a manual or something specifically, I might have a
    > local copy of it.
    >
    > Rich
    >

    > Rich Cini
    >
    > Collector of classic computers
    >
    > Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator
    >
    > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
    >
    > Web site: http://www.altair32.com/
    >
    > /************************************************** */
    >

    > "John Crane" wrote in message
    >> Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website....
    >>
    >> http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html
    >>
    >> -J

  4. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    On Feb 10, 3:56 am, "John Crane" wrote:
    > Rich,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply. I was looking at his super I/O board for S-100
    > systems - the actual hardware he has for sale, not the manuals. Do you know
    > if he still makes/sells them? I've tried the email address on his site at
    > least two times with no replies.
    >
    > -John
    >
    > "Richard Cini" wrote in message

    > > Well, I do know that he is "alive" because I spoke to him on Thursday of
    > > last week. He does indeed have a lot of great manuals on his site, but I
    > > know there are occasional space issues so things come and go from the
    > > site.

    > > If you're looking for a manual or something specifically, I might have a
    > > local copy of it.

    > > Rich

    > > Rich Cini

    > > Collector of classic computers

    > > Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

    > > Web site:http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

    > > Web site:http://www.altair32.com/

    > > /************************************************** */

    > > "John Crane" wrote in message
    > >> Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website....

    > >>http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html

    > >> -J- Hide quoted text -

    I have tried also, a few times, and no reply. I was also asking him if
    his Cromemco System One was still online as I could not access it per
    his Website instructions. But it has been months and I have not heard
    a thing.

    Rich

  5. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    As far as I know, he is no longer manufacturing the Super I/O boards. I
    wanted one too at one point which is how I found out.

    "Rich Camarda" wrote in message
    news:1171155920.989833.248450@k78g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > On Feb 10, 3:56 am, "John Crane" wrote:
    >> Rich,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the reply. I was looking at his super I/O board for S-100
    >> systems - the actual hardware he has for sale, not the manuals. Do you
    >> know
    >> if he still makes/sells them? I've tried the email address on his site
    >> at
    >> least two times with no replies.
    >>
    >> -John
    >>
    >> "Richard Cini" wrote in message

    >> > Well, I do know that he is "alive" because I spoke to him on Thursday
    >> > of
    >> > last week. He does indeed have a lot of great manuals on his site, but
    >> > know there are occasional space issues so things come and go from the
    >> > site.

    >> > If you're looking for a manual or something specifically, I might have
    >> > local copy of it.

    >> > Rich

    >> > Rich Cini

    >> > Collector of classic computers

    >> > Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

    >> > Web site:http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

    >> > Web site:http://www.altair32.com/

    >> > /************************************************** */

    >> > "John Crane" wrote in message

    > I have tried also, a few times, and no reply. I was also asking him if
    > his Cromemco System One was still online as I could not access it per
    > his Website instructions. But it has been months and I have not heard
    > a thing.
    >
    > Rich

  6. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    Richard,

    Since you are in contact with him, could ask him to make a notation on his
    website stating the cards are no longer in production?

    thanks,

    -J

    > As far as I know, he is no longer manufacturing the Super I/O boards. I
    > wanted one too at one point which is how I found out.
    >

    > "Rich Camarda" wrote in message
    > news:1171155920.989833.248450@k78g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >> On Feb 10, 3:56 am, "John Crane" wrote:
    >>> Rich,
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the reply. I was looking at his super I/O board for S-100
    >>> systems - the actual hardware he has for sale, not the manuals. Do you
    >>> know
    >>> if he still makes/sells them? I've tried the email address on his site
    >>> at
    >>> least two times with no replies.
    >>>
    >>> -John
    >>>
    >>> "Richard Cini" wrote in message

    >> I have tried also, a few times, and no reply. I was also asking him if
    >> his Cromemco System One was still online as I could not access it per
    >> his Website instructions. But it has been months and I have not heard
    >> a thing.
    >>
    >> Rich

  7. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    On Feb 12, 2:37 am, "John Crane" wrote:

    I too was interested in a Super I/O and was emailing Todd Fischer of
    IMSAI for quite awhile on it. It got to the point where we needed
    Harte's input on some of my tech questions, and Harte never found a
    chance to reply... so I didn't buy.

    As fate would have it, I later sold an item on ebay which Harte
    bought.. so I knew he was alive. He wrote me briefly at that time
    saying he would get back to me on SuperI/O, but again, did not find a
    chance to do so. Maybe he, like me, has gotten himself into so many
    projects, he can't handle them all.

    ~ J

  8. Re: Harte Technologies still alive?

    On Feb 5, 11:36 am, "John Crane" wrote:
    > Anybody heard from Harte lately? Interesting stuff on the website....
    >
    > http://www.cpm80.com/superio.html
    >
    > -J

    Probably his spare time is occupied by this:

    http://hartetechnologies.com/Happenings/nfblog/

    "I bought an Altair 8800 Kit on eBay in late November. After receiving
    it on December 5th, I put it back in the box until Christmas. Well,
    today I opened it up again and started building it..."

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread