Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector - CP/M ; I am Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector or any cable with such a connector already on it. I just acquired a COMPATICARD II which I have running on a 286 PC Clone. I am able to access an ...

  1. Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector

    I am Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector or any cable with such
    a connector already on it. I just acquired a COMPATICARD II which I have
    running on a 286 PC Clone. I am able to access an 8" drive with the Card
    set as Secondary. But I am getting errors. I need to make up a DB37 to
    50 Pin adapter. I have a short 50 Pin cable with a Female 50 Pin
    Connector on the other end so I should be able to solder the CUT end
    into a DB37 connector.
    TIA
    Bob in Wisconsin
    USE
    trebor72@execpc.com

  2. Re: Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 06:47:27 -0500, "Robert J. Stevens"
    wrote:

    >I am Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector or any cable with such
    >a connector already on it. I just acquired a COMPATICARD II which I have
    >running on a 286 PC Clone. I am able to access an 8" drive with the Card
    >set as Secondary. But I am getting errors. I need to make up a DB37 to
    >50 Pin adapter. I have a short 50 Pin cable with a Female 50 Pin
    >Connector on the other end so I should be able to solder the CUT end
    >into a DB37 connector.
    >TIA
    >Bob in Wisconsin
    >USE
    >trebor72@execpc.com

    Hello!
    Bob, Digikey sells them, as does Jameco. But why for my peace of mind,
    (Whatever that is!), do you want soldertail? The crimp style ones are
    normally easier to work with, and the crimping tool happens to be
    reasonably priced from most vendors.

    Next up--
    Where can I see some good photos of this CompaticCard II gizmo?
    ---
    Gregg drwho8@att.net

  3. Re: Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector

    Gregg C Levine wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 06:47:27 -0500, "Robert J. Stevens"
    > wrote:
    >

    >> I am Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector or any cable with such
    >> a connector already on it. I just acquired a COMPATICARD II which I have
    >> running on a 286 PC Clone. I am able to access an 8" drive with the Card
    >> set as Secondary. But I am getting errors. I need to make up a DB37 to
    >> 50 Pin adapter. I have a short 50 Pin cable with a Female 50 Pin
    >> Connector on the other end so I should be able to solder the CUT end
    >> into a DB37 connector.
    >> TIA
    >> Bob in Wisconsin
    >> USE
    >> trebor72@execpc.com
    >>

    > Hello!
    > Bob, Digikey sells them, as does Jameco. But why for my peace of mind,
    > (Whatever that is!), do you want soldertail? The crimp style ones are
    > normally easier to work with, and the crimping tool happens to be
    > reasonably priced from most vendors.
    >
    > Next up--
    > Where can I see some good photos of this CompaticCard II gizmo?

    Gregg ;
    I have to solder the wires from a 50 Pin ribbon cable to the Solder Tail
    so I can make a Converter Cable to connect to an 8" Floppy Drive.
    I Don't have a Digital Camera So I can't make photos of the Card
    Maybe someone out there can do it and Post them somewhere
    TIA
    Bob

  4. Re: Looking for a DB37 Male Soldertail connector

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    (snip)

    > I have to solder the wires from a 50 Pin ribbon cable to the Solder Tail
    > so I can make a Converter Cable to connect to an 8" Floppy Drive.
    > I Don't have a Digital Camera So I can't make photos of the Card
    > Maybe someone out there can do it and Post them somewhere

    If you have the connector type where the pins come separately
    it is probably easier to solder them than to get the wires all
    to line up for an IDC connector.

    As you know, the order is different between the two.

    -- glen

+ Reply to Thread