Quick CoCo question - CP/M

This is a discussion on Quick CoCo question - CP/M ; Folks, just a quick one ... In a CoCo ( http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=91 ) is the 6809 CPU normally soldered on to the main board, is is perchance it socketed? Cheers, mevets...

  1. Quick CoCo question

    Folks, just a quick one ...
    In a CoCo (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=91) is the
    6809 CPU normally soldered on to the main board, is is perchance it
    socketed?
    Cheers,
    mevets

  2. Re: Quick CoCo question

    On Jan 30, 5:37 pm, Steve Murray wrote:
    > Folks, just a quick one ...
    > In a CoCo (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=91) is the
    > 6809 CPU normally soldered on to the main board, is is perchance it
    > socketed?
    > Cheers,
    > mevets

    I think it might have been socketed in the CoCo 1/2, but maybe only in
    some of them. In the CoCo 3 it's soldered in, which I find very
    anoying.

  3. Re: Quick CoCo question

    puritan_2076@yahoo.com wrote:
    > On Jan 30, 5:37 pm, Steve Murray wrote:
    >
    >>Folks, just a quick one ...
    >>In a CoCo (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=91) is the
    >>6809 CPU normally soldered on to the main board, is is perchance it
    >>socketed?
    >>Cheers,
    >>mevets

    > I think it might have been socketed in the CoCo 1/2, but maybe only in
    > some of them. In the CoCo 3 it's soldered in, which I find very
    > anoying.

    Yes, fwiw after it was suggested that I post to comp.sys.tandy (doh!) it
    turns out that they are soldered - which is a shame, but not unusual.
    Cheers,
    mevets

+ Reply to Thread