CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80 - CP/M

This is a discussion on CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80 - CP/M ; The AltairZ80 simulator has been updated and is available for download at http://www.schorn.ch/cpm/intro.html New: - Added networking capability via TCP/IP - Added CP/NET 1.2 Server which can handle up to two CP/NET 1.2 Clients - CPNOS thin client added - ...

  1. CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80

    The AltairZ80 simulator has been updated and is available for download
    at http://www.schorn.ch/cpm/intro.html

    New:
    - Added networking capability via TCP/IP
    - Added CP/NET 1.2 Server which can handle up to two CP/NET 1.2 Clients
    - CPNOS thin client added
    - PLM programming language added
    - Transfer between host file system and simulated file system supports
    wild card characters and path names

    Features of the simulator:
    - Pre-built versions for PC and Macintosh (OS X and OS 9.x)
    - Full ANSI C source code and documentation available for download
    - Choice of processor (8080 CPU or Z80 CPU)
    - Optional banked memory (8 banks with 64 Kbytes)
    - Optional hard drive support for additional storage capacity
    - Optional networking support via TCP/IP
    - Support for up to 4 consoles
    - Timer generated interrupts
    - Memory access breakpoints
    - VT100 emulation via Telnet
    - Ability to set the clock speed for "real-time" simulation (useful for
    games)

    Ready to run disk images include:
    - Original Altair software such as the famous 4K Basic
    - CP/M 1.4 (for the historically inclined, with sources)
    - CP/M 2.2 (including all sources for CCP, BDOS and BIOS)
    - CP/NET 1.2 and CPNOS 1.2 (including all customized sources)
    - Personal CP/M (including source for CCP, BDOS and BIOS)
    - CP/M 3 (including sources for BIOS)
    - MP/M II (supporting banked memory and up to 4 consoles via Telnet)
    - DOS+, NovaDOS, P2DOS, SuperDOS, Z80DOS, ZSDOS
    - NZ-COM (Z-System based on CP/M 2.2, sources, PDF user manual)
    - Z3PLUS (Z-System based on CP/M 3, sources, PDF user manual)

    Ready to run disk images of CP/M application software:
    - Programming languages: Ada, Algol, APL, collection of various Basics,
    BDS C, COBOL, Forth, FORTRAN, Lisp, Modula 2, Mumps, muSIMP,
    Pascal, PL/I, PLM, SPL, MINOL, VTL-2
    - Office applications: dBASE, Wordstar, Multiplan, SuperCalc
    - Games: Adventure (Colossal Cave), Catchum, Worm, Ladder, Rogue,
    Wanderer
    - Development: M80, L80, CREF80, DDTZ,

    --
    Peter Schorn
    peter.schorn at acm.org
    http://www.schorn.ch

  2. Re: CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80

    Peter Schorn wrote:

    >- Added CP/NET 1.2 Server which can handle up to two CP/NET 1.2 Clients
    >- CPNOS thin client added

    Many thanks, Peter! In fact, I was going to write you to consider adding
    CP/NET to your emulator.

    I hope that others people having CP/M emulators will follow, even if I
    would prefer that the people still suing real CP/M computers will write
    the SNIOS for their systems, as I hope to do.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Roche

  3. Re: CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80

    French Luser wrote:
    > Peter Schorn wrote:

    > >- Added CP/NET 1.2 Server which can handle up to two CP/NET 1.2 Clients
    > >- CPNOS thin client added

    > Many thanks, Peter! In fact, I was going to write you to consider adding
    > CP/NET to your emulator.

    > I hope that others people having CP/M emulators will follow, even if I
    > would prefer that the people still suing real CP/M computers will write
    > the SNIOS for their systems, as I hope to do.

    FWIW, a friend of mine is working on an ethernet interface for the P112
    in his spare time. CP/NET will certainly be a nice thing to go along
    with it.

    --
    David Griffith
    dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu

    A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

  4. Re: CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80

    "Peter Schorn" wrote in message
    > The AltairZ80 simulator has been updated and is available for download
    > at http://www.schorn.ch/cpm/intro.html

    Thanks, Peter. This'll give me a chance to learn CP/M from the ground up.

  5. Re: CPNET and CPNOS now on updated AltairZ80

    "French Luser" wrote in message

    > I hope that others people having CP/M emulators will follow, even if I
    > would prefer that the people still suing real CP/M computers will write
    > the SNIOS for their systems, as I hope to do.

    Emmanuel,

    Is there a text only web-browser for use with a CP/M emulator ?

    -Woodzy
    http://www.rtdos.com

+ Reply to Thread