Wordplex 80-3 diskettes - CP/M

This is a discussion on Wordplex 80-3 diskettes - CP/M ; I am just starting the imaging of my 1982 or thereabouts English WordPlex 80-3 system and other diskettes. According to Imagedisk (from Dave Dunfield) the format is 256 bytes per sector and 35 tracks per 5.25 " diskette. Can anyone ...

  1. Wordplex 80-3 diskettes

    I am just starting the imaging of my 1982 or thereabouts English
    WordPlex 80-3 system and other diskettes.

    According to Imagedisk (from Dave Dunfield) the format is 256 bytes
    per sector and 35 tracks per 5.25 " diskette.
    Can anyone confirm this. I would hate to do the imaging in the wrong
    format!

    Eventually all the diskette images will be posted up to

    http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/wordplex/index.html

    I would be interested to hear if anybody has any documentation on the
    WordPlex 80-3 80-4 WPX, google shows up nothing :-( Some obvious
    questions therefore:

    a) Documentation on original systems
    b) Ways to read the original diskette content on (say) a DOS or
    Windows system
    c) Any Wordplex simulators out there
    d) I think Norsk Data bought Wordplex, what happened to their systems

  2. Re: Wordplex 80-3 diskettes

    On May 28, 1:13*am, marcusb wrote:
    > I am just starting the imaging of my 1982 or thereabouts English
    > WordPlex 80-3 system and other diskettes.
    >
    > According to Imagedisk (from Dave Dunfield) the format is 256 bytes
    > per sector and 35 tracks per 5.25 " diskette.
    > Can anyone confirm this. *I would hate to do the imaging in the wrong
    > format!
    >
    > Eventually all the diskette images will be posted up to
    >
    > http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/wordplex/index.html
    >
    > I would be interested to hear if anybody has any documentation on the
    > WordPlex 80-3 80-4 WPX, google shows up nothing :-( *Some obvious
    > questions therefore:
    >
    > a) Documentation on original systems
    > b) Ways to read the original diskette content on (say) a DOS or
    > Windows system
    > c) Any Wordplex simulators out there
    > d) I think Norsk Data bought Wordplex, what happened to their systems

    if sufficient documentation can be found, then a SIMH simulation can
    be written. Assuming the disk controller is i8272 or WD179x-based,
    then only the "glue logic" would need to be written.

    What does it use for a console? A serial terminal or a video card and
    keyboard?

+ Reply to Thread