SBASIC? - CP/M

This is a discussion on SBASIC? - CP/M ; I'm looking for SBASIC that was included with some Kaypros. I'd need docs, too. Can anyone help? TIA Tom Lake...

  1. SBASIC?

    I'm looking for SBASIC that was included with some Kaypros. I'd need docs,
    too. Can anyone help? TIA

    Tom Lake

  2. Re: SBASIC?

    Tom Lake wrote:
    > I'm looking for SBASIC that was included with some Kaypros. I'd need docs,
    > too. Can anyone help? TIA
    >
    > Tom Lake

    I replied directly to Tom and sent him a ZIP'd package that included
    the compiler files, a HLP file, some notes on SBASIC programming, and a
    few example programs. I had submitted a similar package about a year
    ago to the commercial cp/m archive, but it was never posted. If anyone
    is interested in making the package available on their web site, I'd be
    happy to provide it.

    Although the SBASIC manual was, to say the least, cryptic, and the
    language itself had some inconsistent and ideosyncratic features, I
    always had a fondness for SBASIC, probably because it reminded me so
    strongly of ALGOL-60, which was the first programming language I
    learned (back in 1964). For very simple programs it usually produced
    smaller .COM files than Turbo Pascal or small-c. On more elaborate
    programs, Turbo's executables were usually smaller and were definitely
    faster. (And, of course, the Turbo integrated editor-compiler
    environment made writing and debugging much faster and far more
    pleasant). But for those who did not like the fussiness of Pascal but
    wanted a language that incorporated features indispensible to the
    writing of good structured programs, including local variables,
    statement grouping with BEGIN and END, WHILE and REPEAT loops, a CASE
    statement, and user-defined procedures and functions, SBASIC was a good
    choice.

    Steve Mitchell

  3. Re: SBASIC?

    wrote in message
    news:1166019571.769273.274050@73g2000cwn.googlegro ups.com...

    > Tom Lake wrote:
    >> I'm looking for SBASIC that was included with some Kaypros. I'd need docs,
    >> too. Can anyone help? TIA
    >>
    >> Tom Lake

    > I replied directly to Tom and sent him a ZIP'd package that included
    > the compiler files, a HLP file, some notes on SBASIC programming, and a
    > few example programs. I had submitted a similar package about a year
    > ago to the commercial cp/m archive, but it was never posted. If anyone
    > is interested in making the package available on their web site, I'd be
    > happy to provide it.

    Many thanks to you and unass!

    Tom Lake

  4. Re: SBASIC?

    Heya.

    ssmitch@gmail.com wrote in message
    <1166019571.769273.274050@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.c om>...

    > If anyone
    >is interested in making the package available on their web site, I'd be
    >happy to provide it.

    >Steve Mitchell

    You have mail.

    Greetz, Katzy.

  5. Re: SBASIC?

    Heya.

    ssmitch@gmail.com wrote in message
    <1166019571.769273.274050@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.c om>...

    >I replied directly to Tom and sent him a ZIP'd package that included
    >the compiler files, a HLP file, some notes on SBASIC programming, and a
    >few example programs. I had submitted a similar package about a year
    >ago to the commercial cp/m archive, but it was never posted. If anyone
    >is interested in making the package available on their web site, I'd be
    >happy to provide it.

    It's on:
    www.nostalgia8.nl/cpm/basic/sbasic.zip now.

    Greetz, Katzy.