Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive - CP/M ; I am Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive. I Lost one of my QUMETRAK 242's got two now only one WORKS seems to write but won't read,. I need a H/H or F/H 8" DSDD drive that I can use ...

  1. Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive

    I am Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive.
    I Lost one of my QUMETRAK 242's got two now only one WORKS seems to
    write but won't read,.
    I need a H/H or F/H 8" DSDD drive that I can use to add to a PC system.
    Don't want to use my One remaining 242 that works
    Got a pair of QUMETRAK 842's but they are real cranky
    Got a Pair of Siemens FDD-200-8P's but can't get them to access at all.
    They worked with my Tarbell DSDD system Yars Ago.
    Hoping
    Bob in wisconsin
    USE
    Trebor72@execpc.com

  2. Re: Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:

    > I am Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive.

    How much might you want to pay for one?

    -- glen

  3. Re: Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive

    "Robert J. Stevens" wrote in message
    news:RpWdnYERPL8ke7TVnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d@posted.choic eonecommunications...
    |I am Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive.
    | I Lost one of my QUMETRAK 242's got two now only one WORKS seems to
    | write but won't read,.
    | I need a H/H or F/H 8" DSDD drive that I can use to add to a PC system.
    | Don't want to use my One remaining 242 that works
    | Got a pair of QUMETRAK 842's but they are real cranky
    | Got a Pair of Siemens FDD-200-8P's but can't get them to access at all.
    | They worked with my Tarbell DSDD system Yars Ago.
    | Hoping
    | Bob in wisconsin
    | USE
    | Trebor72@execpc.com

    I've got one on the shelf since it was returned from repair in ~1985. I
    have no idea if it works or not.
    I'm in MD
    Norm

  4. Re: Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > I am Looking for an 8" Floppy Drive.
    > I Lost one of my QUMETRAK 242's got two now only one WORKS seems to
    > write but won't read,.
    > I need a H/H or F/H 8" DSDD drive that I can use to add to a PC system.
    > Don't want to use my One remaining 242 that works
    > Got a pair of QUMETRAK 842's but they are real cranky
    > Got a Pair of Siemens FDD-200-8P's but can't get them to access at
    > all. They worked with my Tarbell DSDD system Yars Ago.
    > Hoping
    > Bob in wisconsin
    > USE
    > Trebor72@execpc.com

    I managed to get one of my QUMETRAK 842's working again but still would
    like to find a QUMETRAK 242 even if not working. Might try swapping
    Boards to see if mine will work,
    TIA
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread