S-100 Market Question - CP/M

This is a discussion on S-100 Market Question - CP/M ; I have an old S-100 system -- circa 1984 -- that's been sitting on a shelf in the garage for the last approximately 20 years but was working when put there. Before I take it down and start testing it, ...

  1. S-100 Market Question

    I have an old S-100 system -- circa 1984 -- that's been sitting on a shelf
    in the garage for the last approximately 20 years but was working when put
    there. Before I take it down and start testing it, I was wondering if there
    was any real market for a Z-80 no-name system or even the boards inside.
    TIA
    Norm

  2. Re: S-100 Market Question

    "Norm Dresner" wrote in message
    >I have an old S-100 system -- circa 1984 -- that's been sitting on a shelf
    > in the garage for the last approximately 20 years but was working when put
    > there. Before I take it down and start testing it, I was wondering if there
    > was any real market for a Z-80 no-name system or even the boards inside.
    > TIA
    > Norm

    There sure is! Especially if you can verify the functionality. Any boot disks
    or documentation raises the value as well.

    Tom Lake

  3. Re: S-100 Market Question

    > I have an old S-100 system -- circa 1984 -- that's been sitting on a shelf
    > in the garage for the last approximately 20 years but was working when put
    > there. Before I take it down and start testing it, I was wondering if there
    > was any real market for a Z-80 no-name system or even the boards inside.

    Twenty years is long enough that you should slow-start the power supply
    to re-form the caps.

    De

+ Reply to Thread