Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM - CP/M ; I found a program on the WEB "DUF05" that helped me fix a Floppy. I want to recompile the source but none of the Compilers I have will recognize the code. I need a copy of TDL's ZASM. There should ...

  1. Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    I found a program on the WEB "DUF05" that helped me fix a Floppy. I want
    to recompile the source but none of the Compilers I have will recognize
    the code. I need a copy of TDL's ZASM. There should be a copy on the
    Walnut Creek CD ROM but I don't have that either. If someone could
    compile IT for me and send back the results "ZIPPED UP" it would be
    greatly appreciated
    Hoping
    Bob in Wisconsin
    USE
    trebor72@execpc.com

  2. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    Hello.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote in message ...

    >the code. I need a copy of TDL's ZASM. There should be a copy on the
    >Walnut Creek CD ROM but I don't have that either

    ftp://ftp.barnyard.co.uk/cpm/

    Greetz, Katzy.

  3. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

  4. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > I found a program on the WEB "DUF05" that helped me fix a Floppy. I
    > want to recompile the source but none of the Compilers I have will
    > recognize the code. I need a copy of TDL's ZASM. There should be a
    > copy on the Walnut Creek CD ROM but I don't have that either. If
    > someone could compile IT for me and send back the results "ZIPPED UP"
    > it would be greatly appreciated
    > Hoping
    > Bob in Wisconsin
    > USE
    > trebor72@execpc.com

    I did find a Dis-assembler and was able to disassemble DUF05 and get
    addresses
    Then I found a Hex Editor and was able to change the BYTE for "E5" to
    "C0" which when the program ran as DUC05.asm it fixed the bad records on
    the Floppy and I am now Copying off to a new Floppy
    Thanks for all the responses.
    HOW do I get the files out of the .lbr File
    TIA
    Bob

  5. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...l/tdl-tool.lbr

    >> Bob in Wisconsin
    >> USE
    >> trebor72@execpc.com

    > I did find a Dis-assembler and was able to disassemble DUF05 and get
    > addresses
    > Then I found a Hex Editor and was able to change the BYTE for "E5" to
    > "C0" which when the program ran as DUC05.asm it fixed the bad records on
    > the Floppy and I am now Copying off to a new Floppy
    > Thanks for all the responses.
    > HOW do I get the files out of the .lbr File
    > TIA
    > Bob

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/CPM-faq/
    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi.../cfx/info.html
    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...-lbr/info.html
    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...qusq/info.html

    Q209: How do you unpack a .ARK or .ARC file?

    A: (Gier Tjoerhom, Don Kirkpatrick)

    Archive files are a collection of related files packed together so
    they stay together. They have somewhat been replaced by librarys,
    but are still encountered often. The C or K at the end only
    differentiate the original packing program, they are otherwise
    identical. Some archives are self extracting, just rename them
    with a .com ending and execute them. Others must be unpacked with
    a program, unarc16.ark containing one of the most popular (in a
    self extracting archive). This archive can be found at:

    oak.oakland.edu: /pub2/cpm/arc-lbr/unarc16.ark

    Q21: How do you unpack a .lbr file?

    A: (William P. Maloney, Peter A. Schuman)

    A .lbr is a single file that contains a number of compressed files
    inside. The files must be extracted from the .lbr before the can be
    used.

    One very good library extract program is called lbrext.com. It's
    simple to use and uncrunches the files at the same time. EXAMPLE:

    A>lbrext b:myfile.lbr c:*.* uo

    This takes the lbrext.com file on 'A' to extract all the files in
    myfile.lbr on 'B' and put them on 'C' uncrunched. A simple 'lbrext'
    first will show you how to use the .com file.

    Other popular library maintenance programs are LUE, DELBR, and NULU,
    the latter being one of the best CP/M programs for handling LBRs.
    However, don't use NULU to extract and unsqueeze simultaneously. It
    occasionally screws up doing this, and it can trash an entire disk
    when it does so.

    LT31 is also able to unpack libraries and also supports all
    current compression standards (including LZH 2.0!). It is a very
    useful utility and can replace several single programs.

    Q22: What are all these .xQx, .xYx, and .xZx file types?

    A: (Don Kirkpatrick)

    These are compressed files, a.k.a. squeezed or crunched files. They
    must be uncompressed before they can be used. They differ in the
    compression algorithm; .?Q? was the first generation and .?Y? the
    newest. There are many fine programs that uncompress files, but
    most handle only one or two compression types (e.g. SQ111.ARC and
    CRUNCH24.LBR). One program that will uncompress all three types can
    be found in CRLZH20.LBR.

    Q23: Are any of these .ARK, .LBR, or CRUNCH utilities on MSDOS?

    A: (Geir Tjoerhom, Mike Finn)

    Yes, MSDOS versions do exist and can be located as follows:

    oak.oakland.edu:/pub/msdos/arcutil/lue220.zip (.LBR)
    ftp://ftp.switch.ch/mirror/simtel/msdos/archiver/ (.ARK)
    ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/msdos/simtel/compress/ (.xQx)
    ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/msdos/simtel/compress/ (.xZx)
    ftp.cts.com/pub/donm/cfx.zip (.LBR, .xQx, .xYx, .xZx)

    Also check out the files in oak.oakland.edu: /pub/unix-c/cpm.

    CFX is the acronym for Cp/m File eXchange by Carson Wilson. As its
    name suggests, CFX is a tool intended to allow quick access to CP/M
    files. While CFX will operate on standard ASCII files, its main
    strength is its ability to access files stored with the special
    archiving and compression methods native to the CP/M operating
    system. Specifically, CFX can handle files compressed with Roger
    Warren's LZH utilities (.xYx), Steve Greenberg's CRUNCH utilities
    (.xZx), "squeezed" files (.xQx), and archives built using Gary
    Novosielski's Library definition (.LBR).

  6. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    Reading about all the different compression and storage options in CP/
    M makes me wonder if anyone ever wrote a zerzion of the ZIP format for
    CP/M.

    Bill H

  7. Re: Looking for a copy of TDL's ZASM

    fritz chwolka wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > LT31 is also able to unpack libraries and also supports all
    > current compression standards (including LZH 2.0!). It is a
    > very useful utility and can replace several single programs.

    Available complete (source, docs, executable) at:

    [page]:
    Try the download section.