Telcon Zorba Docs - CP/M

This is a discussion on Telcon Zorba Docs - CP/M ; I know the www.zorba.z80.de has some stuff (thanks for that) But I need a clear HQ scan of the schematics for the display board. Can anyone assist? Specifically, I need the following pages from the Zorba Technical Manual, CRT Data ...

  1. Telcon Zorba Docs

    I know the www.zorba.z80.de has some stuff (thanks for that)
    But I need a clear HQ scan of the schematics for the display board.

    Can anyone assist?

    Specifically, I need the following pages from the Zorba Technical Manual,
    CRT Data Display manual:

    Page 4-2 (figure 4-1) Which I think is a 3-page fold-out?
    Figure 5-1, test points diagram, with the pointing lines visible in scan

    My display has everything scrunched into one vertical line across the
    center. I have tried replacing the TDA1170S IC, whic is the vertical drive
    IC, but to no avail - same issues. I would also accept suggestions. Above
    mentioned site has an OK-quality scan of the ZOrba technical manual at
    http://www.zorba.z80.de/files/telcon/zorbatech.pdf

    BTW, I have the original Telcon Zorba, Screen on left.

    Many thanks!

    Tony Sharkonwheels -at- g|\/|ail.com

  2. Re: Telcon Zorba Docs

    Tony wrote:

    >I know the www.zorba.z80.de has some stuff (thanks for that)
    >But I need a clear HQ scan of the schematics for the display board.

    >Can anyone assist?

    >Specifically, I need the following pages from the Zorba Technical Manual,
    >CRT Data Display manual:

    >Page 4-2 (figure 4-1) Which I think is a 3-page fold-out?
    >Figure 5-1, test points diagram, with the pointing lines visible in scan

    >My display has everything scrunched into one vertical line across the
    >center. I have tried replacing the TDA1170S IC, whic is the vertical drive
    >IC, but to no avail - same issues. I would also accept suggestions. Above
    >mentioned site has an OK-quality scan of the ZOrba technical manual at
    >http://www.zorba.z80.de/files/telcon/zorbatech.pdf

    >BTW, I have the original Telcon Zorba, Screen on left.

    I've scanned the Zorba Technical manual and schematics,
    and have them up on my site:

    www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

    Look under the entry for "Telcon Zorba"

    Dave

    --
    dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com
    dunfield. Classic computer collection: www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

  3. Re: Telcon Zorba Docs

    Looks like they are the same ones....

    Any way I can get you to do HQ scans of the pages I mentioned in the OP?
    I need to take this thing in for repair on the display board, and the schem
    of the display board are so-so..

    Many thanks, Dave!

    Tony

    sharkonwheels -at- g|\/|ail.com

  4. Re: Telcon Zorba Docs

    Tony wrote:

    >Looks like they are the same ones....

    >Any way I can get you to do HQ scans of the pages I mentioned in the OP?
    >I need to take this thing in for repair on the display board, and the schem
    >of the display board are so-so..

    Sorry, but I can't get them to come out any better (I'm uncertain as to how
    I got them to come out as good as they did in the first place) - What I have
    is a photocopy of the technical manual, and the monitor schematics are
    rather poor --- very small black ink on dark grey shaded boxes which
    were not preserved well in the original photocopy - in this case the original
    is no better than the scan.

    Dave

    --
    dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com
    dunfield. Classic computer collection: www.classiccmp.org/dunfield
    com Some stuff I have for sale: www.dunfield.com/sale

  5. Re: Telcon Zorba Docs

    Dave.Dunfield@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website (Dave Dunfield) wrote
    in news:fu64f8$838$1@aioe.org:

    > Sorry, but I can't get them to come out any better (I'm uncertain as
    > to how I got them to come out as good as they did in the first place)
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks for the leg-work and attempt Dave - much appreciated.
    Hopefully the PDF is enough for the electronic shop to work on the alanlog
    board.

    I'll get in touch with you next week about the 4P

    Tony

    Sharkonwheels -@t- g|\/|ail.com

  6. Re: Telcon Zorba Docs

    Tony wrote in

    > Dave.Dunfield@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website (Dave Dunfield) wrote
    > in news:fu64f8$838$1@aioe.org:
    >

    >> Sorry, but I can't get them to come out any better (I'm uncertain as
    >> to how I got them to come out as good as they did in the first place)
    >>
    >> Dave

    Dave, ya helped anyways. The current scans were good enough for a (very)
    local electronics repair outfit to fix the analog board!

    A MILLION thanks to ya! I now have a 100% functional Telcon Zorba (not a
    Gemini, an original! and it says Telcon on it, not Modular Micros!)

    Tony

    Sharkonwheels -@t- g|\/|ail.com

+ Reply to Thread