Anyone interested in swapping hardware for Little Big Board(s)? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Anyone interested in swapping hardware for Little Big Board(s)? - CP/M ; G'day all, I don't want to put anyone's nose out of joint, but I have a number of bits of superfluous hardware that I don't really want to flog off on eBay, but instead see if someone is interested in ...

  1. Anyone interested in swapping hardware for Little Big Board(s)?

    G'day all,

    I don't want to put anyone's nose out of joint, but I have a number of
    bits of superfluous hardware that I don't really want to flog off on
    eBay, but instead see if someone is interested in swapping some hardware?

    What I have:

    I have 2 unpopulated Little Big Boards (Rev B5 and C6) in mint
    condition, and I should be able to supply a copy (photocopy) of the
    construction article from ETI (Australia), as well as a good quality
    copy of the Pulsar User guide.

    I also have a 256k STD board (also unpopulated), and a 64k and 256k
    populated boards, but not much documentation.

    I also (does the fun never stop?) have an unpopulated I/O card for use
    with a Z80B or 80186 CPU card (from Pulsar Electronics).

    What I want:

    I'm after one or more (or maybe even a combination!) of the following
    systems :
    - TRS-80 16k or better (preferably working, but if not,that's no problem),
    - EA Super-80
    - ZRT80 - either bare board or working terminal (I already have the
    source code and chargen images if anyone else is interested)
    - Dick Smith System-80, or
    - Excalibur
    - or (but I don't hold any hope) an Epson QX-10.

    I've also got a couple of working Microbees : a 16k and a 64k, and a
    Microbee TC 256k, all in excellent (working) condition, that could be a
    "sweetener" for the right kind of system.

    I don't just want to flog these off on eBay, they've got my blood and
    sweat in them (no, not ON them, they're not corroded and I want to be
    sure they're going to a good home. Sad, huh?

    I've also got all the original LBB BIOS, including my own enhanced LB9A
    switchable BIOS, and of course configured CP/M 2.2 and TurboDOS 1.4 boot
    diskettes for the LBBs. And I'll even chuck in a copy of the TurboDOS
    Z80 documentation (Programmer's, User's, Implementor's guides) and the
    docs for L80/M80 if needed.

    You can contact me via email (preferred as I only read the newsgroups
    about once a week due to physical restrictions), or by replying.

    And again, I apologise if this isn't appropriate in this newsgroup, in
    which case, if anyone can point me to a more appropriate group, I'll go.

    Kind regards,

    PCPete

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandpa, not screaming
    and crying, like the passengers in his car." -Unremembered source from
    the (19)90's.

  2. Re: Anyone interested in swapping hardware for Little Big Board(s)?

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 00:23:00 +1100, PC Pete
    wrote:

    >G'day all,
    >
    >I don't want to put anyone's nose out of joint, but I have a number of
    >bits of superfluous hardware that I don't really want to flog off on
    >eBay, but instead see if someone is interested in swapping some hardware?

    >What I want:
    >- or (but I don't hold any hope) an Epson QX-10.

    Hello Mr Pete;

    First, I don't know why you think a QX-10 would be a hard score.
    At a local auction maybe three years ago, the remains of a dealer's
    stock, maybe 40 assorted Epsons, went to the dump because no
    one would pay even one dollar for the load. Plus boxes and boxes
    of softwares, spare parts, options, maybe two or three pick-up loads.

    Second, just in case I run across any more QX-10s or any other
    Epson stuff what I'd really like is the modified BigBoard II stuff
    from Twente Digital. I've got 5-1/4'' disks but either the number
    of tracks are neither 96 or 100 per inch, or the disks are bad.

    I can't get enough macros, or the binary image, to make a bootable
    (monitor) ROM so I can read whatever it was they did in making the
    thing. Actually, I think the disks shipped WITH a ROM. It's necessary!

    Bill

    ps.....

    If you've got Skype, and would like to try to track down the
    associates of that dealer (they each operated a store front
    in maybe 4-5 of the little towns around here) I can email you
    whatever phone numbers I can dig up, to get you started ....
    Aren't you just 2 cents a minute away?

    It turns out, my next-door neighbor was one of them. And no,
    he doesn't have ANY old collectable stuff. I've looked. I
    found that out maybe a year later - when he recognized
    some S-100 stuff I did buy, sticking outta my garage.....

    You know garages - those large rooms with a big hole in
    one wall that non-computer collectors like to park CARS in?

+ Reply to Thread