Xerox 820 boards, NOS - CP/M

This is a discussion on Xerox 820 boards, NOS - CP/M ; In going through my stock of "stuff", I came across some Xerox 820 items I forgot I had. I bought a bunch of them back in the day when Xerox was phasing out their PC business: 2 each Xerox 820 ...

  1. Xerox 820 boards, NOS

    In going through my stock of "stuff", I came across some Xerox 820 items
    I forgot I had. I bought a bunch of them back in the day when Xerox
    was phasing out their PC business:

    2 each Xerox 820 boards, fully populated including 64K RAM, brand new/
    never used, but untested. For those who may not be familiar with these
    they are complete single board computers similar to the early Kaypros or
    Ferguson "Big Boards". They run CP/M and can use either 5.25 or 8 inch
    disk drives. Unfortunately, they only run single density on either size
    drives but I modified five or six of them to do double density (and some
    other neat tricks) using little kits that were advertised in
    "Microcornucopia" magazine (anybody remember that one?). The video
    output (monochrome, of course) is set up to drive a TTL monitor such as
    the Ball Brothers units that were popular in those days. Asking $15.00
    EACH, plus shipping by your choice of carrier.

    1 each Power Supply for the 820 board. This is a switching type supply,
    also brand new and untested. It provides all the voltages to power the
    computer board and a Ball Bros. type TTL monitor up to 12 inch size, but
    does NOT power the associated disk drives. Asking $10.00 plus shipping
    as above.

    Please contact me directly if interested.

    Thanks for reading,
    Ed Greeley
    Mobile, AL 36605

  2. Re: Xerox 820 boards, NOS

    Edward Greeley wrote:

    > In going through my stock of "stuff", I came across some Xerox 820 items
    > I forgot I had. I bought a bunch of them back in the day when Xerox was
    > phasing out their PC business:
    >
    > 2 each Xerox 820 boards, fully populated including 64K RAM, brand new/
    > never used, but untested. For those who may not be familiar with these
    > they are complete single board computers similar to the early Kaypros or
    > Ferguson "Big Boards". They run CP/M and can use either 5.25 or 8 inch
    > disk drives. Unfortunately, they only run single density on either size
    > drives but I modified five or six of them to do double density (and some
    > other neat tricks) using little kits that were advertised in
    > "Microcornucopia" magazine (anybody remember that one?). The video
    > output (monochrome, of course) is set up to drive a TTL monitor such as
    > the Ball Brothers units that were popular in those days. Asking $15.00
    > EACH, plus shipping by your choice of carrier.
    >
    > 1 each Power Supply for the 820 board. This is a switching type supply,
    > also brand new and untested. It provides all the voltages to power the
    > computer board and a Ball Bros. type TTL monitor up to 12 inch size, but
    > does NOT power the associated disk drives. Asking $10.00 plus shipping
    > as above.
    >
    > Please contact me directly if interested.
    >
    > Thanks for reading,
    > Ed Greeley
    > Mobile, AL 36605

    I should hae added to the above message that I am NOT a business or
    other commercial entity. What I am is a hobbyist who has a way of
    accumulating WAY too many "one time good deals" and salting the stuff
    away and forgetting about them after a while.

    Ed Greeley

+ Reply to Thread