Re: Z80 CP/M Forth & loading code from disk - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Z80 CP/M Forth & loading code from disk - CP/M ; > Message-ID: Bruce McFarling wrote: > This file ... > ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/pub/Forth/Comp...h/hfz80v99.zip [snip] > However, I would be surprised if its the early version of .zip that > has a CP/M unzip utility. It would have to be decompressed on a ...

  1. Re: Z80 CP/M Forth & loading code from disk

    Try http://mdfs.net/Apps/Archivers/CPMZip

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    Sheffield Boundary Review at http://mdfs.net/User/JGH/Docs/Politics/ParlReview

  2. Re: Z80 CP/M Forth & loading code from disk

    On Mar 21, 4:50 pm, j...@arcade.demon.co.uk (Jonathan Graham Harston)
    wrote:
    > Bruce McFarling wrote:
    > > This file ...
    > >ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/pub/Forth/Comp...h/hfz80v99.zip

    > [snip]
    > > However, I would be surprised if its the early version of .zip that
    > > has a CP/M unzip utility. It would have to be decompressed on a DOS,

    > Tryhttp://mdfs.net/Apps/Archivers/CPMZip

    Limitations
    -----------
    These currently only recognise storage methods 0 to 6. Most modern
    (PC-based) Zip programs store with method 8 (deflate). If you wish to
    create zip files that are extractable with the current CPMZip
    programs,
    use method 0 ("stored" or "no compression"). I am currently extending
    CPMZip to be able to extract deflated entries.

    Since the conversion to a CP/M version was done as a testbed for the
    portability of the model, it would not surprise me if the .zip was
    done with no special consideration for how to make it more easily
    accessible from within an actual CP/M system.

    If I ever succeed in extending the hForth for CP/M to include ANS File
    functions, I'll package it up in a normal .LBR file ... now that I've
    shaken off the cobwebs and realize that its the DOS version with the
    FILE wordset already available, there's little point in putting any
    effort into making the present .zip archive available. Most anything
    that it does in its present state, CamelForth for Z80 can do, and
    CamelForth is much better documented.

+ Reply to Thread