Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M - CP/M

This is a discussion on Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M - CP/M ; On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:08:05 GMT, no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote: >On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:58:47 -0700 (PDT), roche182@laposte.net wrote: >>"Why are you complaining, then?" I am not complaining, I am just >>remarking that all the Newbies I have known wanted ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M

    wrote:

    >On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:58:47 -0700 (PDT), roche182@laposte.net wrote:

    >>"Why are you complaining, then?" I am not complaining, I am just
    >>remarking that all the Newbies I have known wanted to learn the Z-80,
    >>while all the software written for CP/M was written in 8080...

    >Wrong! A great deal of software was written for Z80 on CP/M. Just
    >because the OS was coded in 8080 there was nothing there to limit the
    >user.

    And the OS itself could benefit ... am I the only one who used ZPR?

    Added some very powerful utility functions to the OS

    Bill

  2. Re: Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M

    Hello, Tony!

    > >FIG6-4.ASM * *159 * *Simple BIOS listing

    > Off the bat, FIG6-4.ASM is in listed in the README, but the file is not in
    > the archive.

    ****! Many thanks for spotting this.

    Is anybody out there
    who has another copy of the two 8" floppy disks of Andy Johnson-Laird?

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mr Emmanuel Roche

  3. Re: Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M

    >And the OS itself could benefit ... am I the only one who used ZPR?
    >Added some very powerful utility functions to the OS

    That's a problem with being trailing edge:
    by the time I got my Circuit Cellar SB180
    it was because the previous owner had advanced to a new system.

  4. Re: Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:45:26 -0600, Bill
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:08:05 GMT, no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:58:47 -0700 (PDT), roche182@laposte.net wrote:

    >>>"Why are you complaining, then?" I am not complaining, I am just
    >>>remarking that all the Newbies I have known wanted to learn the Z-80,
    >>>while all the software written for CP/M was written in 8080...

    >>Wrong! A great deal of software was written for Z80 on CP/M. Just
    >>because the OS was coded in 8080 there was nothing there to limit the
    >>user.

    >And the OS itself could benefit ... am I the only one who used ZPR?
    >
    >Added some very powerful utility functions to the OS
    >
    >Bill

    No, your not alone... Also ZRdos, Dosplus and some of the improved
    CP/M work alikes include ZCPR or some varient of it.

    I can't remember the last time I used the basic CCP when I have ZCPR
    and ZCCP to replace it.

    Allison

  5. Re: Z80 Assembly books related to CP/M

    Hello, Tony!

    Ok. So, you want to play a little with your BIOS.

    This is precisely the subject of an article that I would like to read.

    - "A Dynamic CP/M BIOS Extension Technique"
    Michael KARAS
    "LIFELINES3, Vol.3, No.8

    I have asked for it 2 times:

    1) the 18 May 2005