S: VEDIT for CP/M-80 - CP/M

This is a discussion on S: VEDIT for CP/M-80 - CP/M ; Steven Hirsch wrote: > Max Scane wrote: >> "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message > >> Ok, I have some very good news. >> >> I managed to contact Ted Green and he has kindly agreed to allow free >> sharing ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    Steven Hirsch wrote:
    > Max Scane wrote:
    >> "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message

    >> Ok, I have some very good news.
    >>
    >> I managed to contact Ted Green and he has kindly agreed to allow free
    >> sharing of existing copies of Vedit for cp/m. This is as long as it for
    >> non-commercial use.

    > If no one else comes up with it, I have Vedit Plus 2.33b for CP/M. This
    > is a generic version on two 8" SSSD diskettes.
    >
    > Steve

    Hi Steve, Allison

    please send your versions to Gene Buckle's site:

    http://www.retroarchive.org/

    Allison, if possible add a scanned version of the
    documentation you have!

    Thanks a lot,

    Uwe.

    PS: Steve, if you have some teledisk images of your
    version, send it to me! I can read (and write)
    8" SSSD disks.

  2. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    In article <08uxj.20296$421.2507@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
    "Max Scane" writes:

    > "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
    >> In article ,

    >> Do you still remember who you spoke with? Why not see if they will grant
    >> permission for the 8080/Z80 version to be distributed?
    >>
    >> bill

    > Ok, I have some very good news.
    >
    > I managed to contact Ted Green and he has kindly agreed to allow free
    > sharing of existing copies of Vedit for cp/m. This is as long as it for
    > non-commercial use.
    >
    > Ted has asked me to mention that the "current" legalese will be available at
    > http://www.vedit.com/cpm, and while the details might change over time, the
    > basic concept that the CP/M versions of VEDIT can now be freely shared for
    > non-commercial purposes, will never be rescinded.

    OK, that sounds like good news. I don't know if anyone else has said
    they have a copy but I will look for mine (tonite if I get the chance
    otherwise it will have to wait til next week as I am away this weekend.)
    I suppose putting it up on a website would be Ok as the onus for obeying
    the rules is on the user and not on the provider. Looks like time to
    create a CP/M section for my web page.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  3. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    IF the manual is 8.5" x 11" loose-leaf, I will scan it to a PDF file. I
    have a good scanner with an ADF.

    If it's bound, the manual would have to be destroyed to enable good
    quality scanning.

    Barry Watzman
    Watzman@neo.rr.com

    no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:20:35 -0500, Steven Hirsch
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Max Scane wrote:
    >>> "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
    >>> Ok, I have some very good news.
    >>>
    >>> I managed to contact Ted Green and he has kindly agreed to allow free
    >>> sharing of existing copies of Vedit for cp/m. This is as long as it for
    >>> non-commercial use.

    >> If no one else comes up with it, I have Vedit Plus 2.33b for CP/M. This is a
    >> generic version on two 8" SSSD diskettes.

    > Thats way newer than any I have. I stopped with either 1.5 or 1.6.
    > However I can supply them electronically to any one that can archive
    > them.
    >
    > What more important than the binaries are the related config files
    > and the manual. I can't (I can but way too slowly) scan the manual
    > and it's really needed, most importantly the sections on
    > configuration. Vedit was configurable for any terminal (or memory
    > mapped video) and what keys do what were assignable
    > so any random copy of Vedit will have the last assignemnt and
    > may not work for a given user.
    >
    > It might be good to supply Ted with a copy of both the 8080/z0
    > and 8086 versions.
    >

    > Allison
    >

    >> Steve

  4. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:07:46 +0100, Uwe Nass
    wrote:

    >Steven Hirsch wrote:
    >> Max Scane wrote:
    >>> "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message

    >>> Ok, I have some very good news.
    >>>
    >>> I managed to contact Ted Green and he has kindly agreed to allow free
    >>> sharing of existing copies of Vedit for cp/m. This is as long as it for
    >>> non-commercial use.

    >> If no one else comes up with it, I have Vedit Plus 2.33b for CP/M. This
    >> is a generic version on two 8" SSSD diskettes.
    >>
    >> Steve

    >Hi Steve, Allison
    >
    > please send your versions to Gene Buckle's site:
    >
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/

    First see what Dave has already put up as a Disk image for NS*
    emulator with vedit exists.

    > Allison, if possible add a scanned version of the
    >documentation you have!

    None scanned, at minutes per page I'm not about to. I only have the
    one bound copy and I'm not letting go of it.

    IF Daves images are differnt then I'll put up mine.

    Allison

    >Thanks a lot,
    >
    >Uwe.
    >
    >PS: Steve, if you have some teledisk images of your
    > version, send it to me! I can read (and write)
    > 8" SSSD disks.

  5. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    Uwe Nass wrote:

    > Hi Steve, Allison
    >
    > please send your versions to Gene Buckle's site:
    >
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/

    I will try to get to this over the weekend. The documentation is in one of
    those small form-factor 3-ring binders. It's buried in the attic and since
    the ambient temperature up there is approx. -5 degrees F at the moment this is
    going to wait for warmer weather :-).

    Reading the disks is not a problem. I'll tarball everything and upload it.

  6. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    Barry Watzman wrote:
    > IF the manual is 8.5" x 11" loose-leaf, I will scan it to a PDF file. I
    > have a good scanner with an ADF.

    Barry,

    Can you handle the small 3-ring form-factor (like the original IBM PC docs)?

  7. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    In article ,
    Steven Hirsch writes:
    > Barry Watzman wrote:
    >> IF the manual is 8.5" x 11" loose-leaf, I will scan it to a PDF file. I
    >> have a good scanner with an ADF.

    > Barry,
    >
    > Can you handle the small 3-ring form-factor (like the original IBM PC docs)?

    Just an update. While I found all my CP/M documentation (all bound and
    so not suitable for scanning) I was not able to find my original P&T disks.
    I will keep looking but I am sure others will find copies of Vedit before
    I have the time to.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  8. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    *Barry Watzman* wrote on Thu, 08-02-28 22:38:
    >If it's bound, the manual would have to be destroyed to enable good
    >quality scanning.

    Not necessarily. I have a so called "book scanner" that does not
    require you to open a manual fully flat but only to a right angle. I
    have already done several books and get about 200 pages per hour while
    listening to an interesting (taped) radio programme.

    Axel

  9. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    That gets tricky and my results have been mixed and not entirely
    successful. I could try it.

    Steven Hirsch wrote:
    > Barry Watzman wrote:
    >> IF the manual is 8.5" x 11" loose-leaf, I will scan it to a PDF file.
    >> I have a good scanner with an ADF.

    > Barry,
    >
    > Can you handle the small 3-ring form-factor (like the original IBM PC
    > docs)?

  10. Re: VEDIT for CP/M-80

    Uwe Nass wrote:

    > Hi Steve, Allison
    >
    > please send your versions to Gene Buckle's site:
    >
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/

    I just sent the tarballs to Gene Buckle's e-mail submission address. If
    anyone is in a real tear, contact me privately and I'll mail them to you.

    I'm going to look for the manuals next. They are in small form-factor 3-ring
    binders of the type popularized by IBM for the PC. There's no way I'm
    interested in scanning them myself and I will be VERY fussy about who I'll
    consider sending them to for this purpose.

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2