Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xx and80xx, Z80 extension) ? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xx and80xx, Z80 extension) ? - CP/M ; I've read again some old german computer magazines (name: mc) and I've found a hint about CP/Maker , it was a small hardware extension with a Z80 which can transform a CBM 40xx or CBM 80xx to a CP/M machine. ...

  1. Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xx and80xx, Z80 extension) ?

    I've read again some old german computer magazines (name: mc) and I've
    found a hint about CP/Maker , it was a small hardware extension with a
    Z80 which can transform a CBM 40xx or CBM 80xx to a CP/M machine.
    In germany it was distributed 1982-1983 from Data Becker.
    Does anybody know more technical details from this ?

    Regards
    Peter
    --
    * Try http://www.z80.eu for CP/M computer and software infos.

  2. Re: Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xxand 80xx, Z80 extension) ?

    Hallo Peter,

    > it was a small hardware extension with a Z80 which can transform
    > a CBM 40xx or CBM 80xx to a CP/M machine.

    I own a card that was fitted in a 8032 like the memory expansion card:
    6502 placed on this card, cable goes to original 6502 socket. IIRC
    this card contains an extra 6522, Z80, DRAM, PIO and more hardware I
    don't remember anymore. The PIO and 6522 were connected to each other
    over the I/O lines. I will try to find it and make a picture of it.

    --
    ___
    / __|__

  3. Re: Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xxand 80xx, Z80 extension) ?

    Ruud wrote:

    >> it was a small hardware extension with a Z80 which can transform
    >> a CBM 40xx or CBM 80xx to a CP/M machine.

    > I own a card that was fitted in a 8032 like the memory expansion card:
    > 6502 placed on this card, cable goes to original 6502 socket. IIRC
    > this card contains an extra 6522, Z80, DRAM, PIO and more hardware I
    > don't remember anymore. The PIO and 6522 were connected to each other
    > over the I/O lines. I will try to find it and make a picture of it.

    Ruud, thank you in advance for your efforts. It will be very interesting.

    Regards
    Peter
    --
    * Try http://www.z80.eu for CP/M computer and software infos.

  4. Re: Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xxand 80xx, Z80 extension) ?

    Hallo Peter,

    Sorry for replying so late but my company split up and the change to
    another email address inside Google went wrong.

    I'm also sorry for the fact I haven't found the card yet I'm sure I
    have it but for one or another reason I forgot to put it in my
    database. Which means I have to search quite some places by hand.

    --
    ___
    / __|__

  5. Re: Somebody knows more about 'CP/Maker' (related to Commodore 40xxand 80xx, Z80 extension) ?

    Hallo Peter,

    Found it !!!

    http://www.baltissen.org/images/z80card.jpg

    1st 40 pins IC = Z80, 2nd empty, 3rd = 6821, 4th = Z80PIO
    24 pins socket was empty as well when I got it. And I haven't the
    faintest idea what IC will fit in it. Pin 1 and 3 go to GND, pin 2
    goes to +5V.

    --
    ___
    / __|__