Kaypro 10 lives - CP/M

This is a discussion on Kaypro 10 lives - CP/M ; Hi All, Well with a little help from some of the list members my old K10 is alive an well. I got some ST-225's to replace the old Microscience drive that was belly up. :-) I found the problem with ...

  1. Kaypro 10 lives

    Hi All,

    Well with a little help from some of the list members my old K10 is
    alive an well. I got some ST-225's to replace the old Microscience
    drive that was belly up. :-)

    I found the problem with disk 1 of the K10Greload set and it's an easy
    fix. For some reason all of the files got moved to user 0 but just how
    I'm not sure. Looks like the user numbers of all files in the directory
    got set to 0 some how and that caused the 5 duplicate files. All I need
    to do is crank up superzap and reset those user numbers back to 1 so
    the installation will go as it should.

    Is there a central repository where we can upload files and disk images
    so we can share them?

    I have also generated a full source file for the K10 ROM (81-302) that
    will assemble under DOS. Just need to settle on an assembler that is
    not a total kluge.

    And now on to the turborom. :-)

    Don

  2. Re: Kaypro 10 lives

    On 25 Jan 2006 11:34:42 -0800, "Don" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Well with a little help from some of the list members my old K10 is
    >alive an well. I got some ST-225's to replace the old Microscience
    >drive that was belly up. :-)
    >
    >I found the problem with disk 1 of the K10Greload set and it's an easy
    >fix. For some reason all of the files got moved to user 0 but just how
    >I'm not sure. Looks like the user numbers of all files in the directory
    >got set to 0 some how and that caused the 5 duplicate files. All I need
    >to do is crank up superzap and reset those user numbers back to 1 so
    >the installation will go as it should.
    >
    >Is there a central repository where we can upload files and disk images
    >so we can share them?
    >
    >I have also generated a full source file for the K10 ROM (81-302) that
    >will assemble under DOS. Just need to settle on an assembler that is
    >not a total kluge.
    >
    >And now on to the turborom. :-)
    >
    >Don

    Congratulations on bringing another K10 back from the brink!

    You will enjoy improvements TurboRom provides. If you have an '83
    board version. You will need to do an easy mod to permit addressing of
    2764 in 24 pin socket. Docs fail to mention hooking up vcc to pin 28,
    so don't forget this step.

  3. Re: Kaypro 10 lives

    I picked up on the vcc connection right away. I have an adaptor for the
    same purpose that I used in another computer project and it was just
    laying in junk pike waiting for a new project. :-) It fit perfictly. I
    made the A12 connection to pin-10 of U48 as it was right beside the
    EPROM socket and only took about an inch of wire. I'm very impressed
    with the turborom but did find one problem with it. I start a new
    thread to talk about that problem.

+ Reply to Thread