Pictures Salota S100 Board - CP/M

This is a discussion on Pictures Salota S100 Board - CP/M ; Hello S100 Fan's, Pictures Salota S100 Board on my Homepage. http://www.hd64180-ecb.de/html/salota.html Rolf...

  1. Pictures Salota S100 Board

    Hello S100 Fan's,

    Pictures Salota S100 Board on my Homepage.

    http://www.hd64180-ecb.de/html/salota.html

    Rolf

  2. Re: Pictures Salota S100 Board

    Rolf Harrmann wrote:
    > Hello S100 Fan's,
    > Pictures Salota S100 Board on my Homepage.
    > http://www.hd64180-ecb.de/html/salota.html

    Rolf;
    That first card looks strangely like my North Star Horizon ZPB-A2 CPU Card.
    The only difference I can see is that it doesn't have the Printed logo on the Lower portion.
    Bob in Wisconsin
    trebor72@execpc.com

  3. Re: Pictures Salota S100 Board

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:00:51 -0600, "Robert J. Stevens"
    wrote:

    >Rolf Harrmann wrote:
    >> Hello S100 Fan's,
    >> Pictures Salota S100 Board on my Homepage.
    >> http://www.hd64180-ecb.de/html/salota.html

    >Rolf;
    >That first card looks strangely like my North Star Horizon ZPB-A2 CPU Card.
    >The only difference I can see is that it doesn't have the Printed logo on the Lower portion.
    >Bob in Wisconsin
    >trebor72@execpc.com

    No doubt about it the top board is a NS* ZPB, I have one infront of
    me. It's 100% corolation ringt down to the optional parts for 2708
    EPROM and on th right the two sockets and the SIP resistor for
    front pannel use. It would not surprize me if NS* privated labled
    some of their production for others. As to the printed logo I ahve
    two that do not have that silkscreened on. Whats missing is the
    along the left most trace is also "Northstar Computers inc C77 USA".

    The bottom board while very similar to a PROMII is definately
    different. It does look like it's configurable for mixed ram/rom.

    Allison

    Allison

  4. Re: Pictures Salota S100 Board

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:56:44 GMT, no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net
    wrote:

    >No doubt about it the top board is a NS* ZPB, I have one infront of
    >me. It's 100% corolation ringt down to the optional parts for 2708
    >EPROM and on th right the two sockets and the SIP resistor for
    >front pannel use. It would not surprize me if NS* privated labled
    >some of their production for others.

    Didn't surprise me at the time to find anybody with the ability to
    make boards copying just about anything they thought they could
    make a buck from.

    Highly unlikely NS* would have left their ID off anything they made.

    clone (copies) more likely.

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread