Epson QX-10 IPL and Character ROM needed - CP/M

This is a discussion on Epson QX-10 IPL and Character ROM needed - CP/M ; Can the 2k IPL rom and the 4k QGA roms for the Epson QX-10 be dumped through software or must they be copied only from a Eprom Burner I have a US made QX-10 with the hasci keyboard The roms ...

  1. Epson QX-10 IPL and Character ROM needed

    Can the 2k IPL rom and the 4k QGA roms for the Epson QX-10 be dumped
    through software or must they be copied only from a Eprom Burner I
    have a US made QX-10 with the hasci keyboard The roms on the internet
    at the fjkraan site do not seem to be correct for my qX-10 nor do they
    work in the eQC-10 emulator I looked at the rstevew site for the roms
    but there are none available for the qX-10 Any help obtaining these
    roms or suggest a way to copy or dump the roms through programming
    would be appreciated as I have one good qX-10 and one that has the two
    defective roms

  2. Re: Epson QX-10 IPL and Character ROM needed

    GMullen wrote:
    > Can the 2k IPL rom and the 4k QGA roms for the Epson QX-10 be dumped
    > through software or must they be copied only from a Eprom Burner I
    > have a US made QX-10 with the hasci keyboard The roms on the internet
    > at the fjkraan site do not seem to be correct for my qX-10 nor do they
    > work in the eQC-10 emulator I looked at the rstevew site for the roms
    > but there are none available for the qX-10 Any help obtaining these
    > roms or suggest a way to copy or dump the roms through programming
    > would be appreciated as I have one good qX-10 and one that has the two
    > defective roms

    The ROM images I made were done with an EPROM programmer and are all
    from the European QX-10. Both the USA QX-10 and Japanese QC-10 ROMS
    could have different contents (likely for the Character Generator, less
    so for the IPL). The ROMs and the initial memory configurations seem to
    be the only differences of the QX-10 system boxes (source:QX-10 Tech.
    Manual).

    Fred Jan

+ Reply to Thread