Wave Mate Bullet boot disks - CP/M

This is a discussion on Wave Mate Bullet boot disks - CP/M ; Hi, Does anyone have some Wave Mate Bullet boot disks? I have one of these computers and am looking for some boot disks. My machine has 5.25" floppy drives so 5.25" disk images would be better but even 8" boot ...

  1. Wave Mate Bullet boot disks

    Hi,
    Does anyone have some Wave Mate Bullet boot disks? I have one of
    these computers and am looking for some boot disks.

    My machine has 5.25" floppy drives so 5.25" disk images would be
    better but even 8" boot disk images would probably work. If you have
    a WMB with 8" drives, you can also attach a 5.25" drive, format a disk
    in it, SYSGEN it, and make an image of the disk.

    Since the WMB uses soft sector floppy disks, I do not need a physical
    copy of the disk but I do need a disk image using a program like
    ImageDisk or TeleDisk.

    Thanks in advance for any help! Much appreciated!

    Andrew Lynch

  2. Re: Wave Mate Bullet boot disks

    On Jan 27, 3:17*pm, lynchaj wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Does anyone have some Wave Mate Bullet boot disks? *I have one of
    > these computers and am looking for some boot disks.
    >
    > My machine has 5.25" floppy drives so 5.25" disk images would be
    > better but even 8" boot disk images would probably work. *If you have
    > a WMB with 8" drives, you can also attach a 5.25" drive, format a disk
    > in it, SYSGEN it, and make an image of the disk.
    >
    > Since the WMB uses soft sector floppy disks, I do not need a physical
    > copy of the disk but I do need a disk image using a program like
    > ImageDisk or TeleDisk.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help! *Much appreciated!
    >
    > Andrew Lynch

    Update on this...

    Thanks to some friends, I am getting closer to booting the Wave Mate
    Bullet but still no luck.

    The CP/M 3 disks very nearly boot and I can see/hear the drive heads
    reading the system tracks and jumping to read some other file
    (CPMLDR.SYS or CPM3.SYS ??) but still nothing coming out of the serial
    port. My WMB is motherboard REV C if that helps any.

    If anyone has one of these machines please contact me.

    I would like to borrow an image of your boot disk. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

    Andrew Lynch

    PS, here is the manual for the WMB:

    http://bitsavers.org/pdf/wavemate/Wa...Bullet_SBC.pdf

+ Reply to Thread