Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and TelevideoTS-803H - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and TelevideoTS-803H - CP/M ; Hi! I have a Televideo TS-803H with original CP/M 2.2 on floppy, I would like 3.0 but no luck with google so far. I also just purchased a Kaypro 10 for rehab and it came with no floppies at all. ...

  1. Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and TelevideoTS-803H

    Hi!
    I have a Televideo TS-803H with original CP/M 2.2 on floppy, I would
    like 3.0 but no luck with google so far. I also just purchased a
    Kaypro 10 for rehab and it came with no floppies at all.

    Images I can write back would be great, otherwise I'd be willing to
    pay a fair amount for 5.25 floppies to be snail mailed.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and Televideo TS-803H

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:10:01 -0800 (PST), redrumloa wrote:
    > I have a Televideo TS-803H with original CP/M 2.2 on floppy, I would
    > like 3.0 but no luck with google so far.

    There was a CP/M 3.0 specifically for the TeleVideo TS-803 made by a
    firm in (I think) Maine (aside from it being for the TS-803, there was no
    connection at all with TeleVideo). I don't think TeleVideo ever released a
    factory version of 3.0 for the 803. (Pity.) The 803 was a superb machine but
    TeleVideo screwed the pooch largishly when it came to factory support or
    improvements such as this.

    Unfortunately I gave away/sold all my TeleVideo manuals, equip, and
    discs as well as CP/M stuff generally quite a few years ago. While I never
    had a 803H (just straight 803s with the 128k RAM upgrade), CP/M 3.0 (the
    firm called it 'CP/M Plus' or 'CP/M +') ran exceedingly well -- subjectively
    faster than CP/M 2.2 -- and fairly screamed for a hard drive. I've only one
    803 left and just looked through my (seven) remaining floppies but can't see
    any that had 3.0 on, else I'd send it to you (for the cost of postage only).

    If you can't find 3.0 (or Plus), know 2.2 is quite adaquate on the
    803H. Is it an original 'factory' 803H? You might try to google for CP/M
    Plus (or +). I can't recall the name of the company (which went out of
    business shortly after I bought my copy -- which was the last one they
    had in stock).

    --
    jimbo@sonic.net
    Linux: gawk, date, finger, wait, unzip, touch, nice, suck, strip, mount,

  3. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and Televideo TS-803H

    >I have a Televideo TS-803H with original CP/M 2.2 on floppy, I would
    >like 3.0 but no luck with google so far. I also just purchased a
    >Kaypro 10 for rehab and it came with no floppies at all.

    I have Kaypro 10 system disk images on my site. I also have
    Televideo 803, however it's only the CP/M 2.2 version that you
    already have.

    Dave

    --
    dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com
    dunfield. Classic computer collection: www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

  4. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 andTelevideo TS-803H

    On Jan 20, 6:39 am, Dave.Dunfi...@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website
    (Dave Dunfield) wrote:
    > >I have a Televideo TS-803H with original CP/M 2.2 on floppy, I would
    > >like 3.0 but no luck with google so far. I also just purchased a
    > >Kaypro 10 for rehab and it came with no floppies at all.

    > I have Kaypro 10 system disk images on my site. I also have
    > Televideo 803, however it's only the CP/M 2.2 version that you
    > already have.

    Actually I don't have any floppies for the Kaypro yet, so this may
    come in handy. Thank!

    Jim

  5. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 andTelevideo TS-803H

    On Jan 19, 10:50 pm, Jim Bianchi wrote:

    > Is it an original 'factory' 803H?

    That's hard to say, I only bought it about 3 years ago from an ex-
    employee of Televideo. It was advertised on eBay as a TS-803H, but the
    only badge is the keyboard which says TS-803. When I boot the startup
    screen says "Televideo System TS 803H V1.4". I suspect it is an
    original TS-803H with non-original keyboard, but I could be wrong.

    Operationally I've repaired it so it is working like a champ, I had to
    change the hard drive and replace all the electrolytic capacitors.
    Cosmetically, not so good, I'd say about fair. The case has a lot of
    yellowing and about 3 of the fins are broken. I came close to painting
    the case with it all apart, but changed my mind.

  6. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 andTelevideo TS-803H

    On Jan 20, 9:28 am, redrumloa wrote:
    > On Jan 19, 10:50 pm, Jim Bianchi wrote:
    >
    > > Is it an original 'factory' 803H?

    > That's hard to say, I only bought it about 3 years ago from an ex-
    > employee of Televideo. It was advertised on eBay as a TS-803H, but the
    > only badge is the keyboard which says TS-803. When I boot the startup
    > screen says "Televideo System TS 803H V1.4". I suspect it is an
    > original TS-803H with non-original keyboard, but I could be wrong.
    >
    > Operationally I've repaired it so it is working like a champ, I had to
    > change the hard drive and replace all the electrolytic capacitors.
    > Cosmetically, not so good, I'd say about fair. The case has a lot of
    > yellowing and about 3 of the fins are broken. I came close to painting
    > the case with it all apart, but changed my mind.

    Oh, the monitor badge is missing.

  7. Re: Looking for CP/M 3.0 floppies or images for Kaypro 10 and Televideo TS-803H

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:33:01 -0800 (PST), redrumloa wrote:
    On Jan 20, 9:28 am, redrumloa wrote:
    > On Jan 19, 10:50 pm, Jim Bianchi wrote:
    >
    > > Is it an original 'factory' 803H?

    > That's hard to say, I only bought it about 3 years ago from an ex-
    > employee of Televideo. It was advertised on eBay as a TS-803H, but the
    > only badge is the keyboard which says TS-803. When I boot the startup
    > screen says "Televideo System TS 803H V1.4". I suspect it is an
    > original TS-803H with non-original keyboard, but I could be wrong.

    I've never seen one with an 803H logo. As far as I'm aware (not
    far!) there was no difference in keyboards. BTW, that keyboard STILL has
    never been equalled in feel and construction. At least not as an issue unit.
    Back in the days of the XT, the TeleVideo TPC I and TPC II pooters used a
    more 'modern' layout and I had a TeleVideo keyboard with the same feel and
    construction.

    > Operationally I've repaired it so it is working like a champ, I had to
    > change the hard drive and replace all the electrolytic capacitors.

    That last is very good thinking.

    > Cosmetically, not so good, I'd say about fair. The case has a lot of
    > yellowing and about 3 of the fins are broken. I came close to painting
    > the case with it all apart, but changed my mind.

    > Oh, the monitor badge is missing.

    I've heard of an amber monitor tube for the 803 -- never had one
    though. The TPC-I had an amber monitor tube (9") and I always tho't that was
    ...ah, kewl. I've had to change one of my 803 monitor tubes, and that was not
    much fun. As I recall, there was some 'secret' way to get to the monitor on
    those. I'd not have a clue as to where to go to get a replacement any longer.
    All I have left is an unused TS-802 (green) monitor tube. If you intend to
    use this thing a lot, you might want to give thought to possibly obtaining
    some of these spare parts. Best way, of course, would be to somehow adapt a
    cheapo 13" or 14" LCD flatscreen monitor to fit in the 803 monitor housing.

    --
    jimbo@sonic.net
    Linux: gawk, date, finger, wait, unzip, touch, nice, suck, strip, mount,
    fsck, umount, make clean, sleep. (Who needs porn when you have /usr/bin?)

+ Reply to Thread