Re: Rebuilding Don Maslin's archive - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Rebuilding Don Maslin's archive - CP/M ; A few years back there was a collection of C P M sstuff that was going to be abandoned, so I copied the whole thing and burned it to a CD. Don't ask me what all was on it though, ...

  1. Re: Rebuilding Don Maslin's archive

    A few years back there was a collection of C P M sstuff that was going
    to be abandoned, so I copied the whole thing and burned it to a CD.
    Don't ask me what all was on it though, and it would take some time to
    look for that CD, so let me know what you all think.

    Barry Watzman wrote:
    > Well, I think your characterization is incorrect. From what I gathered,
    > he had thousands of boot disks archived. You can start building a new
    > collection, but as for Don's collection, it won't be "rebuilt". Perhaps
    > it can still be recovered, but if not, from what I have gathered, that
    > collection is gone for good.
    >

    > Dave Griffith wrote:
    >> I haven't heard any talk of this lately. Is anyone out there
    >> attempting to rebuild an archive of CP/M boot and system disks? I
    >> figure I'm in a good position to at least locate a goodly amount from
    >> Rlee Peter's collection. Does anyone here have a list of what he had?
    >>
    >> I know I have system disk sets for the following machines. Getting to
    >> them and organizing them into an archive will take some time and labor.
    >>
    >> Kaypro II
    >> Kaypro 2x
    >> Osborne 1
    >> Osborne Executive
    >> Northstar Horizon
    >> Morrow MD3
    >> MPZ80
    >> Xerox 820 II

  2. Re: Rebuilding Don Maslin's archive

    Joe Noel wrote:

    > Barry Watzman wrote:
    > > Well, I think your characterization is incorrect. From what I gathered,
    > > he had thousands of boot disks archived. You can start building a new
    > > collection, but as for Don's collection, it won't be "rebuilt". Perhaps
    > > it can still be recovered, but if not, from what I have gathered, that
    > > collection is gone for good.
    > >

    > > Dave Griffith wrote:
    > >> I haven't heard any talk of this lately. Is anyone out there
    > >> attempting to rebuild an archive of CP/M boot and system disks? I
    > >> figure I'm in a good position to at least locate a goodly amount from
    > >> Rlee Peter's collection. Does anyone here have a list of what he had?
    > >>
    > >> I know I have system disk sets for the following machines. Getting to
    > >> them and organizing them into an archive will take some time and labor.
    > >>
    > >> Kaypro II
    > >> Kaypro 2x
    > >> Osborne 1
    > >> Osborne Executive
    > >> Northstar Horizon
    > >> Morrow MD3
    > >> MPZ80
    > >> Xerox 820 II
    > >>

    > A few years back there was a collection of C P M sstuff that was going
    > to be abandoned, so I copied the whole thing and burned it to a CD.
    > Don't ask me what all was on it though, and it would take some time to
    > look for that CD, so let me know what you all think.

    Let this serve as an object lesson to the old computer crowd. If anyone
    among us has a rare resource, there should be someone else who mirrors it.
    All of us are mortal (some will even admit it ;-), and ISTM that we all
    want this stuff preserved for future enthusiasts.