I traded about 15-20 hours of linux programming and consulting (it was
a favor with a perk) for two sight unseen computers, a complete
Autograft system and an Osborne Executive 1 with manuals and software.

Has anyone ever heard of an Autograft system?

The first time I powered it up the hard drive grunted and then it
sounds like its releasing a relay or solenoid. I left it there for a
while to let it warm up, turned it off and plugged in a separate PC
power supply, and then turned it back on. It spun up slowly.

This isn't the only problem, the 186 CPU card is not generating a
clock. : ( I know its not the card cage or any of the cards because
I have another 186 CPU card and it makes the jade bus probe blink for
a second. I will take some pictures of the two cards tonight and
maybe one of you can help me figure out if they can be swapped. Or I
could try repairing the CPU card.

What should I do? Leave it spinning? I can turn off the rest of the
computer and leave the drive spinning. This system is frozen in
time. A 100% complete AutoCAD system from 1983. I assume its worth
preserving for history, right? Its worth nothing parted out on e-bay.

It was manufactured in 1983.
From what I can tell it has:
186 processor
512k RAM
20MB (or possibly 50MB) winchester
512x480 13" RGB monitor for graphics (8 "brilliant" colors the docs
say)
Wyse terminal for text
Autocad 1.4 from Autodesk for CP/M 86
24x36" plotter
11x11 12 button digitizer (a tablet)

And there is a receipt for $19,000 in the binder. : )

Grant