Kaypro IV '83 repair - CP/M

This is a discussion on Kaypro IV '83 repair - CP/M ; Hi all .. I've recently acquired a Kaypro IV '83 and would like to power it on and try it out but I can hear something rattling around inside. As I don't want to power-on the unit with a screw ...

  1. Kaypro IV '83 repair

    Hi all .. I've recently acquired a Kaypro IV '83 and would like to power it on and try it out but I can hear something rattling around inside. As I
    don't want to power-on the unit with a screw or something on the main board, I play to open the case and pull out whatever is rattling. Can someone
    point me to any kind of howto on servicing the Kaypro II/Iv/4 ? I can probably figure it out on my own but I just wanted to be on the safe side..
    any help would really be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Kaypro IV '83 repair

    Brian Thompson wrote:

    > Can someone
    > point me to any kind of howto on servicing the Kaypro II/Iv/4 ? I can probably figure it out on my own but I just wanted to be on the safe side..
    > any help would really be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    There's a Kaypro techref at bitsavers.org:

    http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/kaypro/

    Elar

  3. Re: Kaypro IV '83 repair

    There is an excellent book entitled "CHILTON'S GUIDE TO KAYPRO REPAIR
    AND MAINTENANCE" by Gene B. Williams, copyright 1985. ISBN:
    0-8019-7626-X. I found a copy on-line using a Google search. My copy
    had been a Library book at one time.

+ Reply to Thread