Need switch settings on S-100 8k RAM - CP/M

This is a discussion on Need switch settings on S-100 8k RAM - CP/M ; I have two 8k memory boards for which I need the switch settings or a copy of the setup manual: 1. Seals 8k model S8KMB (1977) This is the one with the 7-position switch at upper left. It is NOT ...

  1. Need switch settings on S-100 8k RAM

    I have two 8k memory boards for which I need the switch settings or a
    copy of the setup manual:

    1. Seals 8k model S8KMB (1977)
    This is the one with the 7-position switch at upper left.
    It is NOT the model 8kSC model with the switch at bottom.

    2. Quantronics (Problem Solver Systems Inc.) 8k Model MM8 (1977)
    This one has two 7-position switches on the left side of board.

    Any information on these boards will be appreciated...
    Thanks

    Old-Timer
    John Gill jdgill at juno dot com

  2. Re: Need switch settings on S-100 8k RAM

    Old-Timer wrote:
    > I have two 8k memory boards for which I need the switch settings or a
    > copy of the setup manual:
    >
    > 1. Seals 8k model S8KMB (1977)
    > This is the one with the 7-position switch at upper left.
    > It is NOT the model 8kSC model with the switch at bottom.
    >
    > 2. Quantronics (Problem Solver Systems Inc.) 8k Model MM8 (1977)
    > This one has two 7-position switches on the left side of board.
    >

    > Any information on these boards will be appreciated...
    > Thanks
    >
    > Old-Timer
    > John Gill jdgill at juno dot com

    Generally you can determine functions of these sorts of switch settings
    with a little bit of circuit tracing with an ohmmeter and a book of TTL
    and memory chip pinouts. If you have several S-100 memory board
    schematics, you'll likely find these are like other circuits.

    If you just want manuals, the seals 8K manual is available from me (I
    think) for a modest fee; I don't have the PSS 8K manual, only a 16K
    manual. I'd be interested in a copy for copy trade accordingly. Also,
    if you can confirm the relationship between Quantronics and PSS, I'll
    add that fact to my Web site:

    http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s100.html

    ...which lists S-100 companies. Thanks!

    Herb Johnson

    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    web site
    domain mirror

  3. Re: Need switch settings on S-100 8k RAM

    Herb:
    The 8k RAM board has the words:

    QuanTronics
    Computer Products from
    Problem Solver Systems, Inc

    MODEL MM8

    Printed at the bottom left side of the board

    I can probably figure out the address settings on the Seals S8kMB
    board. I think the first 3 positions are used in a binary address to
    set it for 8k banks 0-7. Im not sure what the other 4 switch positions
    are used for.

    The PSS board will be more of a task, since there are two 7-position
    switches.

    I do have the manual for the Seals 8k RAM model 8k SC (May 1976)
    Do you need a copy of this one ???

    I also have manuals on several IMSAI, Cromemco, and other boards
    from the 1976 - 1982 period.

    Old-Timer
    John

+ Reply to Thread