Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst - CP/M ; French Luser wrote: >I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one! And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to any of the many fine folks who have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

  1. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    French Luser wrote:

    >I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!


    And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?






  2. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    me2@privacy.net wrote:

    >French Luser wrote:
    >
    >>I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!

    >
    >And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    >any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?


    No time and/or money.

    (By the way, I don't "refuse to give access to my files", since I was
    "flamed" because I was publishing them on the comp.os.cpm Newsgroup...
    Who made available the "SID-86 User's Guide" and the "Dr. Logo
    Reference Manual" (among other things)? You? No: it was me, and both
    are available on the comp.os.cpm.amethyst Newsgroup... And both are
    nowhere to be found on any CP/M Web site I know, while some of my
    files are available in Wikipedia or BitSavers!)

    "Nobody is a prophet in is own country."

    (By the way, if you are a "fine folk", why are you writing
    anonymously, and what have you done for CP/M? Why cannot we have
    access to all of your files? Maybe because you have none?)

    "French Luser"


  3. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    French Luser wrote:
    >
    >me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >
    >>French Luser wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!

    >>
    >>And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    >>any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?

    >
    >No time and/or money.


    The time required is far less than the time you spend posting to
    newsgroups in one week. The cost to you is zero -- several people
    have offered to pick up 100% of your costs. Say the word and in
    your mailbox will appear a CD-R burner, software to run it, a
    stack of blank disks, and a postage-prepaid box to ship the disks
    in -- and you get to keep the burner and whatever disks you don't
    use. Just say the word and make a commitment to give the public
    full access to all of your files.

    >(By the way, I don't "refuse to give access to my files",


    You aren't stupid. You know full well the difference between
    "refuse to give access to your files" and "refuse to give
    access to *all* of your files." You have mentioned specific
    files that you refuse to make available.

    >and what have you done for CP/M? Why cannot we have
    >access to all of your files? Maybe because you have none?)


    I don't go on newsgroups describing tasty tidbits and then
    telling everyone that they can't have access to them.

    >(By the way, if you are a "fine folk", why are you writing
    >anonymously,


    Strange comment from someone who posts as "French Luser
    " You were not named
    "French Luser" by your parents, you aren't Gary Kildall,
    and you aren't associated with Future Media Architects, Inc.,
    the owners of the domain name "Digital.Research.com."

    I write anonymously because I don't trust you. Some people go
    into full phycho-stalker-kook mode when criticised. I have no
    reason to suspect that you are one of them but I choose not to
    take the risk.



  4. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    In article <4LWdnYlofbg0P0DZRVn_vA@giganews.com>, me2@privacy.net
    wrote:

    > French Luser wrote:
    >
    > >I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!

    >
    > And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    > any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?


    He may also be on metered internet.. would cost to share with us even
    directly ..

    But what if someone sent him a pack of CDrs? Then that person could
    offer it up to everyone.. Just a thought.

  5. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    ziggy wrote:
    > He may also be on metered internet.. would cost to share with us even
    > directly ..


    But then where's the difference in time and money between sending a
    file by e-mail or posting it to a newsgroup?
    We all know it's just a question of attitude.

    Btw, meanwhile I've added those files to the Unofficial CP/M Website.
    Herb was so kind to pick them from the net, edit them and put them on
    his site for download. Thanks again, Herb!

    It could all be so easy....

    Bye, Gaby

    --
    Mrs. Gaby Chaudry
    http://www.gaby.de/
    mailto: gaby@gaby.de


  6. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    ziggy wrote:
    >
    >In article <4LWdnYlofbg0P0DZRVn_vA@giganews.com>, me2@privacy.net
    >wrote:
    >
    >> French Luser wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!

    >>
    >> And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    >> any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?

    >
    >He may also be on metered internet.. would cost to share with us even
    >directly ..
    >
    >But what if someone sent him a pack of CDrs? Then that person could
    >offer it up to everyone.. Just a thought.


    I have offered this before, and I repeat my offer now. If "French
    Luser" will make a commitment to share all of his collected CP/M
    files (an unorganized mass dump is fine), I will send him whatever
    he needs to do the sharing at no cost to him. If he has no CD-R
    drive, I will buy him one. Blank disks? Just ask. On metered
    Internet? I will buy him a one month subscription to an unmetered
    ISP. Postage? I will send him a self-addressed box with postage
    paid. If he shares his files, I will then post all of the files
    on my website at http://www.guymacon.com/ and will commit to
    keeping them there for a minimum of five years, and will encourage
    others to post the same on their websites, make local backups to
    tape or disk, and in general make it so the raw information will
    always be available.


    --
    Guy Macon










  7. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    so by a circuitous route the content has arrived at
    http://www.cpm.z80.de/drilib.html
    Emmanuel - cakes for Gaby and Herb please
    Phil


  8. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    "Guy Macon" wrote:
    >
    >ziggy wrote:
    >>
    >>me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >>
    >>> "French Luser" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!
    >>>
    >>> And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    >>> any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?

    >>
    >>He may also be on metered internet.. would cost to share with us even
    >>directly ..
    >>
    >>But what if someone sent him a pack of CDrs? Then that person could
    >>offer it up to everyone.. Just a thought.

    >
    >I have offered this before, and I repeat my offer now. If "French
    >Luser" will make a commitment to share all of his collected CP/M
    >files (an unorganized mass dump is fine), I will send him whatever
    >he needs to do the sharing at no cost to him. If he has no CD-R
    >drive, I will buy him one. Blank disks? Just ask. On metered
    >Internet? I will buy him a one month subscription to an unmetered
    >ISP. Postage? I will send him a self-addressed box with postage
    >paid. If he shares his files, I will then post all of the files
    >on my website at http://www.guymacon.com/ and will commit to
    >keeping them there for a minimum of five years, and will encourage
    >others to post the same on their websites, make local backups to
    >tape or disk, and in general make it so the raw information will
    >always be available.
    >
    >--
    >Guy Macon
    >


    As usual, French Luser has not responded to the above offer.

    Keep that in mind the next time he whines about not having
    the time or money to share all of his files on the web.



  9. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    me2@privacy.net wrote:
    > "Guy Macon" wrote:
    >
    >>ziggy wrote:
    >>
    >>>me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>"French Luser" wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>I have no Web site because I have no time and/or money to have one!
    >>>>
    >>>>And the reason you refuse to give access to all of your files to
    >>>>any of the many fine folks who have offered to put it on the web is?
    >>>
    >>>He may also be on metered internet.. would cost to share with us even
    >>>directly ..
    >>>
    >>>But what if someone sent him a pack of CDrs? Then that person could
    >>>offer it up to everyone.. Just a thought.

    >>
    >>I have offered this before, and I repeat my offer now. If "French
    >>Luser" will make a commitment to share all of his collected CP/M
    >>files (an unorganized mass dump is fine), I will send him whatever
    >>he needs to do the sharing at no cost to him. If he has no CD-R
    >>drive, I will buy him one. Blank disks? Just ask. On metered
    >>Internet? I will buy him a one month subscription to an unmetered
    >>ISP. Postage? I will send him a self-addressed box with postage
    >>paid. If he shares his files, I will then post all of the files
    >>on my website at http://www.guymacon.com/ and will commit to
    >>keeping them there for a minimum of five years, and will encourage
    >>others to post the same on their websites, make local backups to
    >>tape or disk, and in general make it so the raw information will
    >>always be available.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Guy Macon
    >>

    >
    >
    > As usual, French Luser has not responded to the above offer.
    >
    > Keep that in mind the next time he whines about not having
    > the time or money to share all of his files on the web.
    >
    >

    Balderdash. FL visits a cyber cafe when he can. He is not a constant
    presence like some of us...

  10. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    me2@privacy.net wrote:

    >As usual, French Luser has not responded to the above offer.
    >
    >Keep that in mind the next time he whines about not having
    >the time or money to share all of his files on the web.


    I don't know why, but you are very aggresive toward me. (In France, we
    have a saying: "The only thing that hurts is Truth...")

    The reason why I did not answer the "free offer" of Guy Macon is
    obvious: "The only free cheese that can be found is on a mousetrap..."

    Guy Macon is well-known as a spammer. His only pleasure is life is to
    get people to react to his post: that is to say: exactly what you have
    done!

    He is a pervert.

    So, instead of ignoring him, and letting him recognize that his
    perversion is a bad thing, you have, in fact, encouraged him to
    continue harrassing me and other persons.

    Just do a Google search: you will find ample testimonies of his very,
    very bad behaviour.

    "Keep that in mind the next time..."

    (Me, I took the time and/or money to explain your bad action to you.
    If only you could finally see the light, and become more objective
    towards me. I think it was an American who said something like: "Don't
    ask what French Luser can do for you, but ask yourself what you can do
    for French Luser.")

    "French Luser"


  11. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    French Luser wrote:
    >
    >me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >
    >>As usual, French Luser has not responded to the above offer.
    >>
    >>Keep that in mind the next time he whines about not having
    >>the time or money to share all of his files on the web.

    >
    >I don't know why, but you are very aggresive toward me. (In France, we
    >have a saying: "The only thing that hurts is Truth...")


    I am aggressive toward you because you are a liar and a hypocrite.

    >The reason why I did not answer the "free offer" of Guy Macon is
    >obvious: "The only free cheese that can be found is on a mousetrap..."


    The reason why you did not answer is obvious: you wish to continue
    to claim that you are willing to share your files without ever
    actually doing so.

    >Guy Macon is well-known as a spammer.


    What he hell are you smoking? Macon is a well known spam fighter.
    The only bad thing about him is that French name of his; most frogs
    are arrogant jerks.

    >He is a pervert.


    Evidence, please. That's quite a strong accusation you make. Got anything
    to back it up?

    Besides, several others here have made essentially the same offer.
    Why do you refuse their offers to put those files on the web?
    Are they all `perverts' too?

    >So, instead of ignoring him, and letting him recognize that his
    >perversion is a bad thing, you have, in fact, encouraged him to
    >continue harrassing me and other persons.


    He offered to send you a free burner and a bunch of blanks.
    I hardly call that `harassment.'

    >Just do a Google search: you will find ample testimonies of his very,
    >very bad behaviour.


    I just did. Yes there are a few forged posts from well-known spammers
    and net-abusers attacking him for canceling their spam, but I also found
    many posts thanking him for his efforts, and for his charitable work
    building water projects in eastern Africa.

    >(Me, I took the time and/or money to explain your bad action to you.
    >If only you could finally see the light, and become more objective
    >towards me.


    The objective facts are that you refuse to allow anyone to publish your
    files on the web. You have every right to do that, but when you pretend
    that you are willing to allow others to publish your files on the web while
    refusing to actually let them do so, others have a right to point out your
    deception. Cut the crap, please.



  12. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst

    F.,

    don't feed Monsieur Roche's paranoia... The more people offer to him,
    the more his attitude towards them becomes negative. [ironic] So, under
    this point of view, somebody who offers him so much, is indeed a
    pervert. [/ironic]

    If you look at this thread, you will also become aware of the fact,
    that he accuses you for writing anonymously, but does he himself use
    his real name?!

    So, I don't see any use in arguing with him - the only thing that will
    happen, is that he will offend you. Best thing to cope with him is to
    ignore him.

    Perhaps we should collect money to send him to a good psychologist
    instead.

    Bye, Gaby

    --
    Mrs. Gaby Chaudry
    http://www.gaby.de/
    mailto: gaby@gaby.de


  13. Re: Remove comp.os.cpm.amethyst




    me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >
    >French Luser wrote:
    >>
    >>me2@privacy.net wrote:
    >>
    >>>As usual, French Luser has not responded to the above offer.
    >>>
    >>>Keep that in mind the next time he whines about not having
    >>>the time or money to share all of his files on the web.

    >>
    >>I don't know why, but you are very aggresive toward me. (In France, we
    >>have a saying: "The only thing that hurts is Truth...")

    >
    >I am aggressive toward you because you are a liar and a hypocrite.
    >
    >>The reason why I did not answer the "free offer" of Guy Macon is
    >>obvious: "The only free cheese that can be found is on a mousetrap..."


    Offer retracted. "me2@privacy.net" is clearly correct; you refuse
    to share your files and you tell fibs about the reasons why.

    >The reason why you did not answer is obvious: you wish to continue
    >to claim that you are willing to share your files without ever
    >actually doing so.
    >
    >>Guy Macon is well-known as a spammer.


    I publicly challenge you to either provide evidence or to
    retract your slander.

    >What he hell are you smoking? Macon is a well known spam fighter.


    I would characterize myself as a minor player in the spamfighting game.

    >The only bad thing about him is that French name of his; most frogs
    >are arrogant jerks.


    Don't stop to French Luser's level. Personal attacks are a sign of
    someone who is losing an argument on facts/logic. Oh, BTW, I am
    100% British.

    >>He is a pervert.

    >
    >Evidence, please. That's quite a strong accusation you make.
    >Got anything to back it up?


    I would like to see that as well. Maybe I am missing out on
    something...

    >Besides, several others here have made essentially the same offer.
    >Why do you refuse their offers to put those files on the web?
    >Are they all `perverts' too?
    >
    >>So, instead of ignoring him, and letting him recognize that his
    >>perversion is a bad thing, you have, in fact, encouraged him to
    >>continue harrassing me and other persons.

    >
    >He offered to send you a free burner and a bunch of blanks.


    ....and to pay for postage both ways.

    >I hardly call that `harassment.'


    To the paranoid, every offer of help is an attack.

    Followups set.



+ Reply to Thread