tiny-c/PC - CP/M

This is a discussion on tiny-c/PC - CP/M ; On Dec 12, 3:51 am, roche...@laposte.net wrote: > Hello, Lee! > > Well got your message about the various persons interested in Tiny-C. > > However, from reading it, it seems to be starting in all directions. > > And, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

  1. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Dec 12, 3:51 am, roche...@laposte.net wrote:
    > Hello, Lee!
    >
    > Well got your message about the various persons interested in Tiny-C.
    >
    > However, from reading it, it seems to be starting in all directions.
    >
    > And, in my humble opinion, you commited the cardinal sin of not
    > searching for more info about Tiny-C before starting to work.
    >
    > Since Herb Johnston found a second book dealing with "Tiny-C (IBM)", I
    > suggest to first get a copy of it before deciding what to do.
    >
    > At least, this proves that Tiny-C seemed so much interesting that the
    > doc was written at least 3 times: the first time for CP/M, then 2
    > times probably for the IBM Clown.
    >
    > Needless to say, it would be interesting to compare all 3 versions, to
    > know if the "primitives" of the language have changed when the
    > hardware changed.
    >
    > Until then, thinking to write an entry for Wikipedia is pure fantasy.
    >
    > Yours Sincerely,
    > Mr Emmanuel Roche
    > (someone who did this kind of job several times)

    Well, you have a point but ... I have fairly thoroughly researched
    both the book Herb mentioned existed and the other "Tiny C" and it
    would appear that, in the case of the book, neither Amazon.com nor any
    book store that claims they ever had it has it anymore and, in the
    case of the other "Tiny C," it in fact bears no relationship
    whatsoever to the tiny-cs we know and love (except possibly in name).

    As for the Wikipedia thing, I feel I have gathered enough information
    on this subject to at least make a stab at doing it. I must admit, it
    does rankle me that it does appear there's another book out there that
    I don't know anything about. To be honest, I'm not convinced this 1991
    book which has a title that includes the words Tiny C (IBM) really
    differs in any significant way from the 1985 book. I'd love to be
    proven wrong but, as you have repeatedly mentioned, if nobody has
    documented it, nobody carries it and, in this case, the author, like
    Simeon Cran, has effectively disappeared, this particular branch of
    the tree is "a terminal leaf."

    Lee

  2. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Nov 26, 5:11 pm, Lee wrote:
    > Some of you may recall the discussion on tiny-c here recently. I am
    > happy to be able to announce that I have managed to get tiny-c/PC
    > going. This is a version of the language that runs on IBM PC
    > compatibles - no need for a CP/M emulator. I learned about a book
    > called "Learning C with tiny-c" by Scott Guthery, bought the book and
    > typed in the C and tiny-c source code for the interpreter and compiled
    > it with the DeSmet C compiler. This interpreter is an extremely
    > interesting program in its own right - I think CS majors studying
    > compiler / interpreter
    > construction and C would learn a lot from it.
    >
    > I've posted the source and executable athttp://primepuzzle.com/tc/tiny-c-pc.ZIP
    >
    > A page that includes a link to the above plus links to various example
    > programs ishttp://primepuzzle.com/tiny-c/
    >
    > I got help on this from several people that visit this forum as well
    > as the fellow who has posted the now Public Domain DeSmet C compiler
    > that was used to compile the interpreter. It took a lot of typing, a
    > lot of debugging and a lot of thought to get this to go.
    >
    > A very brief document on this version of tiny-c is in the above .ZIP
    > but I'll point you to it here as well:
    >
    > http://primepuzzle.com/tiny-c/tinyc-doc.html
    >
    > Lee Bradley
    >
    > PS - The folks at the 99 bottles of beer site finally got around to
    > publishing both the Mouse and the tiny-c versions of this program.
    > Check it out!

    I always have trouble figuring out where to insert a post when I want
    to give a status report on the major topic. Anyway, here's what's new.

    BTW, I know a great deal more about tiny-c/PC than I do about how many
    humps camels have (2) and how many dromedaries have (1).

    But I digress.

    Because Christmas is just around the corner, I decided to write a
    program in tiny-c/PC that plays Christmas carols.

    http://primepuzzle.com/tc/xmas.html

    The above will take you to a page that talks about it.

    Other tiny-c/PC news: Ed Davis has been working on compiling the
    interpreter using a Win32 compiler, not the 16-bit DeSmet C compiler.
    He has been successful. I have posted his work at

    http://primepuzzle.com/tc/Tiny-C32.zip

    Quite a few little changes here and there were needed. One of the
    things he did was enhance the language, adding big C's "for"
    construct. Trust me, you've gotta know what you're doing to do that! I
    will be taking his code and putting it in the DeSmet C compiled
    version.

    Finally, Herb's inspired me to try harder to track down Scott
    Guthery.

    Merry Christmas everybody!

    - Lee

  3. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Dec 15, 7:06 pm, Lee wrote:
    > On Nov 26, 5:11 pm, Lee wrote:
    >

    > > Some of you may recall the discussion on tiny-c here recently. I am
    > > happy to be able to announce that I have managed to get tiny-c/PC
    > > going. This is a version of the language that runs on IBM PC
    > > compatibles - no need for a CP/M emulator. I learned about a book
    > > called "Learning C with tiny-c" by Scott Guthery, bought the book and
    > > typed in the C and tiny-c source code for the interpreter and compiled
    > > it with the DeSmet C compiler. This interpreter is an extremely
    > > interesting program in its own right - I think CS majors studying
    > > compiler / interpreter
    > > construction and C would learn a lot from it.

    > > I've posted the source and executable athttp://primepuzzle.com/tc/tiny-c-pc.ZIP

    > > A page that includes a link to the above plus links to various example
    > > programs ishttp://primepuzzle.com/tiny-c/

    > > I got help on this from several people that visit this forum as well
    > > as the fellow who has posted the now Public Domain DeSmet C compiler
    > > that was used to compile the interpreter. It took a lot of typing, a
    > > lot of debugging and a lot of thought to get this to go.

    > > A very brief document on this version of tiny-c is in the above .ZIP
    > > but I'll point you to it here as well:

    > >http://primepuzzle.com/tiny-c/tinyc-doc.html

    > > Lee Bradley

    > > PS - The folks at the 99 bottles of beer site finally got around to
    > > publishing both the Mouse and the tiny-c versions of this program.
    > > Check it out!

    > I always have trouble figuring out where to insert a post when I want
    > to give a status report on the major topic. Anyway, here's what's new.
    >
    > BTW, I know a great deal more about tiny-c/PC than I do about how many
    > humps camels have (2) and how many dromedaries have (1).
    >
    > But I digress.
    >
    > Because Christmas is just around the corner, I decided to write a
    > program in tiny-c/PC that plays Christmas carols.
    >
    > http://primepuzzle.com/tc/xmas.html
    >
    > The above will take you to a page that talks about it.
    >
    > Other tiny-c/PC news: Ed Davis has been working on compiling the
    > interpreter using a Win32 compiler, not the 16-bit DeSmet C compiler.
    > He has been successful. I have posted his work at
    >
    > http://primepuzzle.com/tc/Tiny-C32.zip
    >
    > Quite a few little changes here and there were needed. One of the
    > things he did was enhance the language, adding big C's "for"
    > construct. Trust me, you've gotta know what you're doing to do that! I
    > will be taking his code and putting it in the DeSmet C compiled
    > version.
    >
    > Finally, Herb's inspired me to try harder to track down Scott
    > Guthery.
    >
    > Merry Christmas everybody!
    >
    > - Lee

    My brother's friend Amy's cat Toby (got that so far?) has a unique way
    of "speaking" and if you're tired of hearing the beeps from running
    xmas.tc, described above, we suggest a quick visit to

    http://2007maxchallengedillduel.blog...ersion-02.html

    where you will learn all about Toby Speak, "the only language you're
    cat will ever need.

    This is not really OT, as we introduce yet another tiny-c ap,
    tobee.tc.

    - Lee

  4. Re: tiny-c/PC

    I thought it was a good time to post an update on what's new in tiny-c/
    PC.

    Overview:

    1. the for statement has been implemented and debugged.

    2. unary operators !, ++ and -- (pre increment/decrement only) have
    been added.

    3. the interpreter has been changed to fix the way the + and - unary
    operators work.

    4. a new user MC which lets you test what version of the interpreter
    you are running has been added.

    5. when you run the interpreter, it announces its version and gives
    credit to the original author and the current revisors.

    Please visit

    http://primepuzzle.com/tc/tiny-c-latest.html

    for a continuation of this post. You will see a sample program and a
    connection to another topic recently posted here.

    Enjoy!

    Lee

  5. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Jan 29, 4:31 pm, Lee wrote:
    > I thought it was a good time to post an update on what's new in tiny-c/
    > PC.
    >
    > Overview:
    >
    > 1. the for statement has been implemented and debugged.
    >
    > 2. unary operators !, ++ and -- (pre increment/decrement only) have
    > been added.
    >
    > 3. the interpreter has been changed to fix the way the + and - unary
    > operators work.
    >
    > 4. a new user MC which lets you test what version of the interpreter
    > you are running has been added.
    >
    > 5. when you run the interpreter, it announces its version and gives
    > credit to the original author and the current revisors.
    >
    > Please visit
    >
    > http://primepuzzle.com/tc/tiny-c-latest.html
    >
    > for a continuation of this post. You will see a sample program and a
    > connection to another topic recently posted here.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Lee

    I don't think I've mentioned this particular tiny-c/PC application
    before so ... I'd like to talk about "Toby Speak" for a bit. One of
    the reasons for doing this is to revisit the "Literary Programming"
    topic introduced by Emmanuel Roche. "Toby Speak" was a bear to debug
    so I decided to try and document it down to the finest detail by
    inserting numbered comment tags in the source code and externally
    documenting each code section in a browsable file.

    The external document is

    http://primepuzzle.com/tc/tobee.tc.html

    The source code is

    http://primepuzzle.com/tc/tobee.tc

    Enjoy!

    Lee

  6. Re: tiny-c/PC

    Cool, but what was ...

    "WADUZIDO (The smallest interpreter known: 256 Bytes!...) "

    What did it *interpret* in 256 bytes?

  7. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 4, 1:50 am, BruceMcF wrote:
    > Cool, but what was ...
    >
    > "WADUZIDO (The smallest interpreter known: 256 Bytes!...) "
    >
    > What did it *interpret* in 256 bytes?

    WADUZITDO is a language created by a fellow named Larry Kheriaty. It
    was published in BYTE September 1978 pp. 166-175. It is a PILOT-like
    language and has been implemented in 8080 assembler, 6800 assembler
    and Pascal. I have the original article, Pascal and 8080 source and
    several example programs. Of course, all of this material is currently
    in hardcopy only form (the disc / software is either gone, unfindable
    & / | unreadable). If you or anyone else is interested, I'll do the
    usual scan / type in again / debug / publish / promote cycle. It is a
    classic.

    Lemme know.

    Lee

  8. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 4, 7:14 am, Lee wrote:
    > On Feb 4, 1:50 am, BruceMcF wrote:
    >
    > > Cool, but what was ...

    > > "WADUZIDO (The smallest interpreter known: 256 Bytes!...) "

    > > What did it *interpret* in 256 bytes?

    > WADUZITDO is a language created by a fellow named Larry Kheriaty. It
    > was published in BYTE September 1978 pp. 166-175. It is a PILOT-like
    > language and has been implemented in 8080 assembler, 6800 assembler
    > and Pascal. I have the original article, Pascal and 8080 source and
    > several example programs. Of course, all of this material is currently
    > in hardcopy only form (the disc / software is either gone, unfindable
    > & / | unreadable). If you or anyone else is interested, I'll do the
    > usual scan / type in again / debug / publish / promote cycle. It is a
    > classic.
    >
    > Lemme know.
    >
    > Lee

    Definitely interested ... any potential 6502 assembly language port
    that seems to be within my (limited) time budget is intriguing, one
    that might be possible to put up as a C128 triple play ... CP/M mode,
    C128 mode, and C64 mode ... even more so.

  9. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 4, 1:13 pm, BruceMcF wrote:
    > On Feb 4, 7:14 am, Lee wrote:
    >

    > > On Feb 4, 1:50 am, BruceMcF wrote:

    > > > Cool, but what was ...

    > > > "WADUZIDO (The smallest interpreter known: 256 Bytes!...) "

    > > > What did it *interpret* in 256 bytes?

    > > WADUZITDO is a language created by a fellow named Larry Kheriaty. It
    > > was published in BYTE September 1978 pp. 166-175. It is a PILOT-like
    > > language and has been implemented in 8080 assembler, 6800 assembler
    > > and Pascal. I have the original article, Pascal and 8080 source and
    > > several example programs. Of course, all of this material is currently
    > > in hardcopy only form (the disc / software is either gone, unfindable
    > > & / | unreadable). If you or anyone else is interested, I'll do the
    > > usual scan / type in again / debug / publish / promote cycle. It is a
    > > classic.

    > > Lemme know.

    > > Lee

    > Definitely interested ... any potential 6502 assembly language port
    > that seems to be within my (limited) time budget is intriguing, one
    > that might be possible to put up as a C128 triple play ... CP/M mode,
    > C128 mode, and C64 mode ... even more so.

    OK - I've scanned the article and typed in the Pascal version of the
    interpreter. I've tested it against a menu system I wrote way back
    when (which I also typed in) and it seems to work but I welcome any
    further testing by you or anyone else reading this. 8080 is next. I
    have no 6800 assembler. Take a look at what we've got so far.

    http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    Lee

  10. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 6, 4:50 pm, Lee wrote:
    > OK - I've scanned the article and typed in the Pascal version of the
    > interpreter. I've tested it against a menu system I wrote way back
    > when (which I also typed in) and it seems to work but I welcome any
    > further testing by you or anyone else reading this. 8080 is next. I
    > have no 6800 assembler. Take a look at what we've got so far.

    > http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    Hey, great! Translating from 6800 to 6502 is dead easy, so the C64/
    C128 native port is just translating that and making the Kernel
    calls ... convert the 8080 to make CP/M calls, and it'll be set.

    Silly little project ... but, don't tell anybody I said that, because,
    as the Waduzitdo2001 site notes, we wouldn't want to be caught doing
    anything silly because that would be ... uhhh, silly.

  11. Re: tiny-c/PC

    Lee wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > OK - I've scanned the article and typed in the Pascal version of
    > the interpreter. I've tested it against a menu system I wrote way
    > back when (which I also typed in) and it seems to work but I
    > welcome any further testing by you or anyone else reading this.
    > 8080 is next. I have no 6800 assembler. Take a look at what we've
    > got so far.
    >
    > http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    If I ever get around to it I'll try to setup a completely ISO
    standard C version, and an ISO 7185 standard Pascal version. No
    promises.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  12. Re: tiny-c/PC

    Lee wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Definitely interested ... any potential 6502 assembly language port
    >> that seems to be within my (limited) time budget is intriguing, one
    >> that might be possible to put up as a C128 triple play ... CP/M mode,
    >> C128 mode, and C64 mode ... even more so.

    As you mentioned 'triple play', I remember now that there was an Aztec C
    Compiler version for the C128, which was able to 'triple play' also,
    means generating code for the CP/M-mode, the C128 65xx mode and also for
    the C64. Unfortunately I have never seen (later) again anything about it
    nor any downloadable version, and that's a pitty.

    Regards
    Peter

    --
    * Try http://www.z80.eu for CP/M computer and software infos.

  13. Re: tiny-c/PC

    Got a rough cut translation of the 6800 code to 6502 ... its not
    working yet, but I did get the linefeed code cleaned out, and worked
    out that I needed to add an echo to the key input, so hopefully next
    crack at it I'll better be able to see what is going on.

    Like always, I'm 90% done, so I only have the other 90% to do.

  14. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 8, 7:38 pm, BruceMcF wrote:
    > Got a rough cut translation of the 6800 code to 6502 ... its not
    > working yet, but I did get the linefeed code cleaned out, and worked
    > out that I needed to add an echo to the key input, so hopefully next
    > crack at it I'll better be able to see what is going on.
    >
    > Like always, I'm 90% done, so I only have the other 90% to do.

    You're funny!

    I've finished the 8080 one and put it in the archive. Please revisit

    http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    When you get the other 90% done, if you want, I'll add your work to
    the archive.

    Thanks for participating!

    Lee

  15. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 9, 8:29 am, Lee wrote:
    > I've finished the 8080 one and put it in the archive. Please revisit

    > http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    I just downloaded it and will look at it. Before I do, is there a
    freely available CP/M assembler it will assemble on, or does it have
    to assemble on a PC-based assembler like TASM?

    I have a version of WADUZIDO working, and since I already modified to
    make it better fit the C64 Kernal routines, I'll go ahead an make it
    Turing-complete and a better fit to a system with a file system.

    I'm adding file reading, file writing, and installation of user
    subroutines.

    And I would suggest, in the spirit of the original WADUZIDO.

    That is, three new editor commands, and two new statement types.

    @filename

    will open "filename" as a sequential file and starts reading from it
    rather than the keyboard.

    !filename

    will open "filename" as a new sequential file, writes all lines from
    the start to the current line to that file, then closes the file.

    ..{statement}

    will save statement in current line, close any open file and returns
    reading to keyboard, and then execute statement.

    I:{0-7} will install the current base location to the appropriate
    subroutine vector, and push the base location up by 32 bytes

    M:FF FF FF FF ...
    will write 1 to 8 bytes into the subroutine space, pushing the current
    base location up by 32 bytes if needed.

    Since it basically updates WADUZIDO from the 70's to the 80's (and
    only a quarter of a century too late), I guess I'd call the new
    version WADUZIDO/80.

  16. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 9, 3:38 pm, BruceMcF wrote:
    > On Feb 9, 8:29 am, Lee wrote:
    >
    > > I've finished the 8080 one and put it in the archive. Please revisit
    > >http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.html

    > I just downloaded it and will look at it. Before I do, is there a
    > freely available CP/M assembler it will assemble on, or does it have
    > to assemble on a PC-based assembler like TASM?
    >
    > I have a version of WADUZIDO working, and since I already modified to
    > make it better fit the C64 Kernal routines, I'll go ahead an make it
    > Turing-complete and a better fit to a system with a file system.
    >
    > I'm adding file reading, file writing, and installation of user
    > subroutines.
    >
    > And I would suggest, in the spirit of the original WADUZIDO.
    >
    > That is, three new editor commands, and two new statement types.
    >
    > @filename
    >
    > will open "filename" as a sequential file and starts reading from it
    > rather than the keyboard.
    >
    > !filename
    >
    > will open "filename" as a new sequential file, writes all lines from
    > the start to the current line to that file, then closes the file.
    >
    > .{statement}
    >
    > will save statement in current line, close any open file and returns
    > reading to keyboard, and then execute statement.
    >
    > I:{0-7} will install the current base location to the appropriate
    > subroutine vector, and push the base location up by 32 bytes
    >
    > M:FF FF FF FF ...
    > will write 1 to 8 bytes into the subroutine space, pushing the current
    > base location up by 32 bytes if needed.
    >
    > Since it basically updates WADUZIDO from the 70's to the 80's (and
    > only a quarter of a century too late), I guess I'd call the new
    > version WADUZIDO/80.

    Wow!

    But before you get too carried away ...

    First off, I'm a bit confoozed by your question about assemblers ("PC-
    based assembler called TASM"). To me, PC means IBM PC and it sounds
    like you're talking about an 8086 16-bit assembler. But WADUZIT.ASM is
    an 8080 program. That would of course be 8-bit.

    Oh I get it. TASM is a cross assembler. Right?

    I used Digital Research's ASM.COM and LOAD.COM. I also used
    Microsoft's M80 and L80. The latter is better in this case because it
    preserves the case of literals in DB statements whereas DR upper cases
    everything. So ... to answer your question, you might want to grab my
    maxz80.zip archive as it has ASM.COM etc. in it.

    Second off, some of your ideas about enhancements to WADUZITDO are in
    the version I just posted so you really should check it out. For
    example

    S:?FOO

    will load and run FOO.WDZ. Might want to try and stick with some of
    the conventions established by this version.

    Anyway, keep on keeping on.

    We best be careful tho or somebody's going to get carried away and add
    variables, post something on Wiki, start writing Operating Systems
    using a .WDZ kernel and beyond.

    PS - When we're done w/ all this, we really need to send something to
    that guy that has the Watduzitdo 2001 site (Brian Connors) and tell
    him to link up to this stuff!

    http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTri...ref.html#larry

  17. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 9, 6:01 pm, Lee wrote:
    > But before you get too carried away ...
    >
    > First off, I'm a bit confoozed by your question about assemblers ...
    > Oh I get it. TASM is a cross assembler. Right?

    Yes, its a PC-DOS cross assembler that does 6502, 6809, 8080, Z80, and
    a number of others ... the "T" is for "Table", it has a table for each
    processor is assembles for.

    > I used Digital Research's ASM.COM and LOAD.COM. I also used
    > Microsoft's M80 and L80. The latter is better in this case because it
    > preserves the case of literals in DB statements whereas DR upper cases
    > everything. So ... to answer your question, you might want to grab my
    > maxz80.zip archive as it has ASM.COM etc. in it.

    OK, I'll do that. I don't have a CP/M box as of yet, as I fried my
    C128 a long time ago, but I've got the CP/M emulator I used to check
    16bit/32bit portability for Forth programming ... and I'm perfectly
    happy to be operating inside that, using VDE for editing the assembly
    language file.

    > Second off, some of your ideas about enhancements to WADUZITDO are in
    > the version I just posted so you really should check it out. For
    > example
    >
    > S:?FOO
    >
    > will load and run FOO.WDZ.

    The interpreter file commands are meant to make the interpreter into a
    free standing, primitive, thing in itself. But using "S:?name" as a
    statement file read command would mean they would not appear in a .WDZ
    file itself ...

    I've added R: B: S:C and S:/ ... I think, I'm in write one day,
    assemble and test the next mode ... but I do not see the 8080 source
    in the archive, so I can't tell whether "S:?name" *extends* the
    current WDZ interpreter script or *overwrites* it.

    Also, it looks like the file are auto-run by the S:? routine. That is
    harder to organize in the C64 ... simpler to have the script file end
    in a "$" on its own as the last line in the file, and writing the EXEC
    routine itself to close open input files and go back to keyboard
    input.

  18. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 9, 6:01 pm, Lee wrote:
    > Second off, some of your ideas about enhancements to WADUZITDO are in
    > the version I just posted so you really should check it out. For
    > example

    OK, have the S:C S:/ B: and R: working on WADUZIDO for the C64.

    Not file routines yet, but I was not expecting that to work right off
    the bat. In any event, S:? and @ will share the same basic file
    reading routine, so once S:? is done, @ will be a piece of cake.

  19. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 9, 8:10 pm, BruceMcF wrote:

    > ... but I do not see the 8080 source
    > in the archive, so I can't tell whether "S:?name" *extends* the
    > current WDZ interpreter script or *overwrites* it.

    Maybe you're looking at the wrong archive?

    http://primepuzzle.com/waduzitdo/waduzitdo.zip

    contains

    WDX.COM <- 8080 executable, patched w/ "command package"
    WADUZITX.COM <- 8080 executable
    WADUZITX.ASM <- this is the 8080 source
    SAMPLEM.WCP <- command package
    SAMPLEM.ASM <- command package source
    waduzitdo.html <- web page
    MENU.WDZ <- menu-driven WADUZITDO help system
    MODES.WDZ
    PACKAGES.WDZ
    WORK.WDZ
    HISTORY.WDZ
    waduzip.pas <- Turbo Pascal source
    WADUZIP.COM <- Turbo Pascal executable
    waduzitdo-article-page-9.jpg <- BYTE article
    waduzitdo-article-page-8.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-7.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-6.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-5.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-4.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-3.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-2.jpg
    waduzitdo-article-page-1.jpg

    Here's a real dumb question. Why are you writing an 8080 version?
    I can see implementing a 6502 enhancement, but don't we already have
    an 8080 version?

    Also, are you using the MYZ80 emulator in maxz80.zip or another?
    ZDE.COM is the best editor in my book and may be used under MYZ80
    emulator.

    Are you using the PC VDE or the CP/M VDE?

    Lee

  20. Re: tiny-c/PC

    On Feb 10, 3:32 am, Lee wrote:
    > Maybe you're looking at the wrong archive?

    Probably just a caching problem ... I had was the archive before the
    80808 source was added. Got it now.

    > Here's a real dumb question. Why are you writing an 8080 version?
    > I can see implementing a 6502 enhancement, but don't we already have
    > an 8080 version?

    Since I am making some changes to the the 6502 version to make it
    easier to implement with the C64 Kernal, and to cope with the 40-
    column display, and to cope with PETSCII silliness, the 8080 version
    would be implementing the WADUZITDO/80 model exactly, and could cope
    with PETSCII text.

    So the C128 in CP/M mode would have a choice of WADUZITX for cross CP/
    M portability and WDZD80 for cross CBM portability.

    I expect to be 100% of the user base, so I want to treat the user base
    right.

    Oh, and plus if the whole point of the exercise is to program in
    machine code, just running existing code is no fun.

    > Also, are you using the MYZ80 emulator in maxz80.zip or another?
    > ZDE.COM is the best editor in my book and may be used under MYZ80
    > emulator.

    I just downloaded maxz80.zip yesterday, it was another MyZ80 that I
    had been using.

    > Are you using the PC VDE or the CP/M VDE?

    Yes.

    I had already been a PC VDE user from the early 90's, when I first
    moved from a C64 for wordprocessing to an Amstrad supertwist LCD, dual
    3.5" disk PC-DOS machine, so I made sure to hunt down CP/M VDE when I
    was using MyZ80 to check the 16-bit system portability of some Forth
    code I was writing.