Randy McLaughlin gone? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Randy McLaughlin gone? - CP/M ; A number of people have reported to me that Randy McLaughlin has not been heard from in months. He has not posted on Usenet in months. His Web site, s100-manuals.com, has not had changes in months; apparently the registration was ...

  1. Randy McLaughlin gone?

    A number of people have reported to me that Randy McLaughlin has not
    been heard from in months. He has not posted on Usenet in months. His
    Web site, s100-manuals.com, has not had changes in months; apparently
    the registration was updated recently. If anyone is personally close to
    him, can they post something about his status?

    Herb Johnson

    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    web site
    domain mirror

  2. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Hello Herb-

    Randy was working closely with Howard and me in development of software for
    the IMSAI Series Two until June of last year when we sent one of the
    prototype systems to him for evaluation. According to Howard, someone else
    besides Randy signed the FedEx receipt, and we haven't heard anything back
    regarding his status. Howard and I have resolved ourselves to the belief
    that Randy is no longer with us since this unexplained and very long absence
    of communication.

    Regards,

    -Thomas "Todd" Fischer

    "Herb Johnson" wrote in message
    news:1154972071.766754.108770@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    >A number of people have reported to me that Randy McLaughlin has not
    > been heard from in months. He has not posted on Usenet in months. His
    > Web site, s100-manuals.com, has not had changes in months; apparently
    > the registration was updated recently. If anyone is personally close to
    > him, can they post something about his status?
    >
    > Herb Johnson
    >
    > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    > web site
    > domain mirror
    > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
    > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
    > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
    > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"

  3. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Thomas \"Todd\" Fischer wrote:

    > Hello Herb-
    >
    > Randy was working closely with Howard and me in development of software for
    > the IMSAI Series Two until June of last year when we sent one of the
    > prototype systems to him for evaluation. According to Howard, someone else
    > besides Randy signed the FedEx receipt, and we haven't heard anything back
    > regarding his status. Howard and I have resolved ourselves to the belief
    > that Randy is no longer with us since this unexplained and very long absence
    > of communication.

    Surely Randy's web site has an email address associated. Perhaps you
    can email and see if his family answers. He may only be ill.

  4. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Charles Richmond wrote:

    > Surely Randy's web site has an email address associated. Perhaps you
    > can email and see if his family answers. He may only be ill.

    This is what I try for many months... Without success :-(

    Bye, Gaby

  5. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    > Charles Richmond wrote:
    >
    >> Surely Randy's web site has an email address associated. Perhaps you
    >> can email and see if his family answers. He may only be ill.

    > This is what I try for many months... Without success :-(
    >
    > Bye, Gaby

    I too have tried since end of 2005 over some UCSD stuff we had exchanged.
    I've had no contact as well, but am still hoping.
    Laurie Boshell

  6. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Laurie Boshell wrote:

    >>Charles Richmond wrote:
    >>

    >>>Surely Randy's web site has an email address associated. Perhaps you
    >>>can email and see if his family answers. He may only be ill.
    >>>

    >>This is what I try for many months... Without success :-(
    >>
    >>Bye, Gaby
    >>

    >I too have tried since end of 2005 over some UCSD stuff we had exchanged.
    >I've had no contact as well, but am still hoping.
    >Laurie Boshell

    Found this which is different from his DNS listing address

    *Randolph Mclaughlin*

    676 Highway 533
    Laurel, MS 39443-1005 (map
    )

    Tel.: (601) 649-1825

    If someone knows him, they might try calling

    Cliff

  7. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:11:00 -0400, Cliff Bedore
    wrote:

    >Laurel, MS 39443-1005 (map

    Hmmm...seems about a century ago, in another life.

    We were flying high-altitude balloons, out of Palestine, TX
    and one went to earth in the woods out behind one Mr & Mrs
    Tutwiler Tyler's place. As he was sitiin and rockin on his front
    porch. Sort of late in the afternoon.

    Actually, because we used a large (68' ?) red and white
    striped parachute, somebody at some nearby base got nervous,
    and a couple F-106s or other came out of nowhere and shot
    under our 'chase plane' when we were at, oh, I don't know,
    maybe 3,000 feet. Guess they thought it was an accidentally
    dropped H-bomb or something.

    Anyway, Mr Tyler got pretty excited, shouting something about
    some chariot or other a'comin for to carry somebody away,
    'cept'in he didn't want for it to be him, not just yet anyways,
    so would his good wife get right out here so's it could satisfy
    any urge to heavenly transport with her good self instead?

    Other than that, he seemed a pleasant old gentleman.

    CP/M wasn't invented yet.

    Bill

  8. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Laurie Boshell wrote:
    >> Charles Richmond wrote:
    >>
    >>> Surely Randy's web site has an email address associated. Perhaps you
    >>> can email and see if his family answers. He may only be ill.

    >> This is what I try for many months... Without success :-(
    >>
    >> Bye, Gaby
    >>

    > I too have tried since end of 2005 over some UCSD stuff we had exchanged.
    > I've had no contact as well, but am still hoping.
    > Laurie Boshell

    It didn't occur to me until now to look at my Ebay stuff. He bought
    some stuff from me as recently as February of 2006.

    --
    David Griffith

  9. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Cliff Bedore wrote:

    > Found this which is different from his DNS listing address
    >
    > *Randolph Mclaughlin*
    > [street address and phone snipped]
    >
    > If someone knows him, they might try calling
    >
    > Cliff

    With all due respect, it was inappropriate to post someone's mailing
    address and phone without their permission. While well-intentioned, you
    could have simply offered to reply to a PRIVATE email to you requesting
    it. I only mention this in case other people decide to post other
    addresses and phones. Randy has many friends and correspondents which
    have good personal reasons to maintain contact, so they would have
    requested that address.

    My last postal mail exchange with Randy was in 2005; I found another
    address in a public search, to a Florence MS address. I sent a letter
    by US mail to that address requesting a reply from the recipient. The
    letter was sent Aug 10th. I've had a reply of any sort; however it was
    not sent "delivery confirmation".

    I see Dave Griffith posted he had mail correspondence with him in 2006.
    I encourage Dave to follow through and send a letter with delivery
    confirmation, which does not require a recipient's signature, and see
    what happens and report accordingly. If' I'm contacted privately, I'll
    likely provide the address I used.

    Herb Johnson

    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    web site
    domain mirror

  10. Re: Randy McLaughlin gone?

    Herb Johnson wrote:

    >Cliff Bedore wrote:
    >

    >>Found this which is different from his DNS listing address
    >>
    >>*Randolph Mclaughlin*
    >>[street address and phone snipped]
    >>
    >>If someone knows him, they might try calling
    >>
    >>Cliff
    >>

    >With all due respect, it was inappropriate to post someone's mailing
    >address and phone without their permission. While well-intentioned, you
    >could have simply offered to reply to a PRIVATE email to you requesting
    >it. I only mention this in case other people decide to post other
    >addresses and phones. Randy has many friends and correspondents which
    >have good personal reasons to maintain contact, so they would have
    >requested that address.

    I simply went on line and found the info on Google. If I can do that,
    anyone can. It's just a matter of where people find it. However,
    having said that, I'll take the advice to heart and not publish without
    permission.

    Cliff

    >My last postal mail exchange with Randy was in 2005; I found another
    >address in a public search, to a Florence MS address. I sent a letter
    >by US mail to that address requesting a reply from the recipient. The
    >letter was sent Aug 10th. I've had a reply of any sort; however it was
    >not sent "delivery confirmation".
    >
    >I see Dave Griffith posted he had mail correspondence with him in 2006.
    >I encourage Dave to follow through and send a letter with delivery
    >confirmation, which does not require a recipient's signature, and see
    >what happens and report accordingly. If' I'm contacted privately, I'll
    >likely provide the address I used.
    >
    >Herb Johnson
    >
    >Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    > web site
    > domain mirror
    >my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
    >if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
    >"Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
    >S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"

+ Reply to Thread