kaypro10 and ZCPR3 - CP/M

This is a discussion on kaypro10 and ZCPR3 - CP/M ; Hallo I have installed all programs related to ZCPC3 for Kaypro. After running putsysz.com and putovlz.com, I reset the system. According to the manual automaticaly the system should run startup.com (alias)after this reset to implement ( by LDR) a package ...

  1. kaypro10 and ZCPR3

    Hallo

    I have installed all programs related to ZCPC3 for Kaypro.
    After running putsysz.com and putovlz.com, I reset the system.
    According to the manual automaticaly the system should run startup.com
    (alias)after this reset to implement ( by LDR) a package of datafiles like
    k10sys.env....ndr....fcp....rcp.
    Nothing of that kind, it only "warm boot". not any of these prog. will be
    installed.
    All related files ( LDR.com and K10sys..... packages) are in the users
    aerea.
    Can anybody tell me why the alias "STARTUP" did not run. Did I forgot
    something ???
    What's wrong.?

    Computer is Kaypro K10 with HD 10 MB. CPM version 2.2 F

    Jos

  2. Re: kaypro10 and ZCPR3

    "j.e. van der geest" wrote in message
    news:d1072$43c7853c$513b4bbd$7892@news.versatel.nl ...
    > Hallo
    >
    > I have installed all programs related to ZCPC3 for Kaypro.
    > After running putsysz.com and putovlz.com, I reset the system.
    > According to the manual automaticaly the system should run
    > startup.com (alias)after this reset to implement ( by LDR) a package
    > of datafiles like k10sys.env....ndr....fcp....rcp.
    > Nothing of that kind, it only "warm boot". not any of these prog.
    > will be installed.
    > All related files ( LDR.com and K10sys..... packages) are in the
    > users aerea.
    > Can anybody tell me why the alias "STARTUP" did not run. Did I
    > forgot something ???
    > What's wrong.?
    >
    > Computer is Kaypro K10 with HD 10 MB. CPM version 2.2 F
    >
    > Jos

    The STARTUP.COM filename must be loaded into the Command Line Buffer
    (CLB) by the BIOS Cold Boot routine prior to jumping to the CCP. When
    the CCP executes, it checks the contents of the CLB and, if it's not
    empty, it will execute whatever command line is there.

    The command you place in the CLB must be null-terminated, and you must
    also place the length on the command line in the CLB 'length' byte
    contained in the CLB header, as well as the address of the command
    line.

    Here's a snippet of my BIOS that accomplishes what you're looking for.
    Note that z3cl is defined in the Z3BASE.LIB file.

    ld hl,z3clst ;Put the STARTUP name in the command
    ld de,z3cl+4 ; line buffer for auto run on boot

    ld (z3cl),de ;Save the STARTUP command address

    ld bc,lenst ; Get the length of the line

    ld a,c

    ld (z3cl+3),a ; Set the length of the line

    ldir ;Put STARTUP in the command line

    ; Auto command line for cold boot

    z3clst: db 'STARTUP',0

    lenst equ $-z3clst ; Length of the startup command line

    --

    Terry

  3. Re: kaypro10 and ZCPR3

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:47:22 UTC, "j.e. van der geest"
    wrote:

    > Hallo
    >
    > I have installed all programs related to ZCPC3 for Kaypro.
    > After running putsysz.com and putovlz.com, I reset the system.
    > According to the manual automaticaly the system should run startup.com
    > (alias)after this reset to implement ( by LDR) a package of datafiles like
    > k10sys.env....ndr....fcp....rcp.
    > Nothing of that kind, it only "warm boot". not any of these prog. will be
    > installed.
    > All related files ( LDR.com and K10sys..... packages) are in the users
    > aerea.
    > Can anybody tell me why the alias "STARTUP" did not run. Did I forgot
    > something ???
    > What's wrong.?
    >
    > Computer is Kaypro K10 with HD 10 MB. CPM version 2.2 F
    >
    > Jos

    Why not using NZCOM ?
    This will help you with easy installation.
    Look at:
    http://www.gaby.de/edownf.htm

    Thanks for help to Jay Sage from here..

    --