Where to locate osborne 1 disks? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Where to locate osborne 1 disks? - CP/M ; Hi i've been lucky enough to aquire 2 blue face osborne 1 machines but no software I'm hoping somebody may be able to copy a boot disk if these things can be copied It would be nice to see at ...

  1. Where to locate osborne 1 disks?

    Hi i've been lucky enough to aquire 2 blue face osborne 1 machines but no
    software I'm hoping somebody may be able to copy a boot disk if these things
    can be copied It would be nice to see at least 1 of them runnig again
    Tia
    Garth Elder
    Melbourne

  2. Re: Where to locate osborne 1 disks?

    Garth wrote:
    > Hi i've been lucky enough to aquire 2 blue face osborne 1 machines but no
    > software I'm hoping somebody may be able to copy a boot disk if these things
    > can be copied It would be nice to see at least 1 of them runnig again
    > Tia
    > Garth Elder
    > Melbourne

    http://www.guntersville.net/osborne/one_disks/
    you will also need a pc with a 5 1/4 floppy,
    and teledisk and 22disk software.
    Phil

  3. Re: Where to locate osborne 1 disks?

    On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:45:22 +1000, "Garth"
    wrote:

    >Hi i've been lucky enough to aquire 2 blue face osborne 1 machines but no
    >software I'm hoping somebody may be able to copy a boot disk if these things
    >can be copied It would be nice to see at least 1 of them runnig again
    >Tia
    >Garth Elder
    >Melbourne

    If you indeed have double density machines, I have a pair of o-1's
    that I keep running here, as a last resort I can burn a boot disk
    (since 5 1/4 media is still available, not so with 8 in) and mail it
    from Texas via slow boat.

    If you can teledisk yourself a boot disk, or if you have single
    density machines, then you are on your own.

  4. Re: Where to locate osborne 1 disks?

    is there a way to tell for sure the machines are double density?
    boot screen states rev 1.3 rom ones a green screen the other b+w is there a
    chip inside i should be looking at to find out for sure?
    Nothing on the outside of the machines gives the date of manufacture. They
    are both the second model osborne 1 with blue keyboard and front cover
    I'm only assuming at this stage they are double density from what ive found
    on the web my eventual plan was to get a system disk and a terminal app for
    it as i have some commodore cpm 2.2 disks whick i can send to it and vice
    versa
    Garth

  5. Re: Where to locate osborne 1 disks?

    Garth wrote:
    > is there a way to tell for sure the machines are double density?

    Easy. Just open the front panel (a few screws).
    Take a look inside. Compare this with the small picture of the inside
    view on http://www.z80.eu/osborne.html (piggyback double density logic
    board is marked red) .

    Regards
    Peter