PX-8 text file on eproms - CP/M

This is a discussion on PX-8 text file on eproms - CP/M ; Hi, There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the file to be burned but the process of connecting the ...

  1. PX-8 text file on eproms

    Hi,

    There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM
    for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the
    file to be burned but the process of connecting the PX-8 to your burner.

    I foolishly neglected to bookmark this file, now I can't find it. Anyone
    no what doc I'm talking about and where it is?

    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. Re: PX-8 text file on eproms

    On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:34:42 GMT, Doug_M
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM
    >for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the
    >file to be burned but the process of connecting the PX-8 to your burner.
    >
    >I foolishly neglected to bookmark this file, now I can't find it. Anyone
    >no what doc I'm talking about and where it is?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Doug

    You may be looking for..

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~fjkraan/comp/px8/proms.html

    Allison

  3. Re: PX-8 text file on eproms

    nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:34:42 GMT, Doug_M
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM
    >>for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the
    >>file to be burned but the process of connecting the PX-8 to your burner.
    >>
    >>I foolishly neglected to bookmark this file, now I can't find it. Anyone
    >>no what doc I'm talking about and where it is?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Doug

    > You may be looking for..
    >
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~fjkraan/comp/px8/proms.html
    >

    > Allison

    Thanks Allison but that's not it. This doc looks like an ascii text
    file. Might even have a txt extension. It also gets into the nuts and
    bolts of transferring the promformed hex file via serial cable from the
    PX-8 to the programmer. I'm really kicking myself for not bookmarking it!

    Doug

  4. Re: PX-8 text file on eproms

    Hi

    This may be a link that is helpfull:

    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...rom/px-rom.doc

    GM

    Doug_M wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM
    > for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the
    > file to be burned but the process of connecting the PX-8 to your burner.
    >
    > I foolishly neglected to bookmark this file, now I can't find it. Anyone
    > no what doc I'm talking about and where it is?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

  5. Re: PX-8 text file on eproms

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:34:42 UTC, Doug_M
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > There was a file I found on the web that described how to burn an EPROM
    > for the PX-8. This document didn't just talk about the format of the
    > file to be burned but the process of connecting the PX-8 to your burner.
    >
    > I foolishly neglected to bookmark this file, now I can't find it. Anyone
    > no what doc I'm talking about and where it is?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    Look here I believe..

    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...px-8/eprom/inf