Re: CP/M filesystem quesions - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: CP/M filesystem quesions - CP/M ; > Message-ID: no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote: > Dave Dunfield wrote: > > - In my program I have taken the safe approach and will find > > extents no matter what order they occur in, however I want > > to know ...

  1. Re: CP/M filesystem quesions

    no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    > Dave Dunfield wrote:
    > > - In my program I have taken the safe approach and will find
    > > extents no matter what order they occur in, however I want
    > > to know if when writing the disk I should insure that the

    insure -> put something in place to catch when something fails

    ensure -> put something in place to prevent something failing

    I think you mean ensure. I /hope/ you mean ensure.

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    BBC BASIC for the Sinclair Spectrum - http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum

  2. Re: CP/M filesystem quesions

    jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk (Jonathan Graham Harston) wrote:

    >no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    >> Dave Dunfield wrote:
    >> > - In my program I have taken the safe approach and will find
    >> > extents no matter what order they occur in, however I want
    >> > to know if when writing the disk I should insure that the

    >insure -> put something in place to catch when something fails
    >
    >ensure -> put something in place to prevent something failing
    >
    >I think you mean ensure. I /hope/ you mean ensure.
    >
    >--
    >J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    >BBC BASIC for the Sinclair Spectrum - http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum

    Thank you for such a on-topic and technically helpful response.

    I do apologize to everyone involved for my mistyping of such an
    important word. Unfortunately, in casual correspondance this does
    sometimes happen, as do other typo's, spelling errors and less
    than optimal grammer. What can I say ...

    Perhaps your intolerance has something to do with the temporal
    displacement (according to my mailer, you are posting from 1907).

    At any rate, I foolishly thought others might appreciate being able to
    access CP/M files directly from ImageDisk archives and it would be
    worthwhile to expand my file extraction efforts into a general purpose
    tool, however it would appear that my time will be better spent
    elsewhere - I withdraw from the discussion.

    Thanks again for your support.

    Dave

    --
    dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com