Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade - CP/M

This is a discussion on Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade - CP/M ; I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro 10 (to set up ram disk). anyone know of info online? thanks.....

  1. Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    10 (to set up ram disk).

    anyone know of info online?

    thanks..

  2. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    I am interested to.

    Jos
    "Brian Lyons" schreef in bericht
    > I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    > 10 (to set up ram disk).
    >
    > anyone know of info online?
    >
    > thanks..

  3. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:03:36 +0100, "j.e. van der geest"
    wrote:

    >I am interested to.
    >
    >Jos
    >"Brian Lyons" schreef in bericht
    >> I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    >> 10 (to set up ram disk).
    >>
    >> anyone know of info online?
    >>
    >> thanks..

    You could do like the SWP copower did and just put in a daughterboard
    with an 8088 and upwards of a meg of ram. I have a copower plus
    currently installed in my Xerox820-II using the generic adapter they
    came out with later on. I can move it to any z80 based system that
    doesn't conflict with the ports it uses. The earlier adapters SWP sold
    were computer specific. It may be overkill but you could wire in a
    p112 to act as a ram disk controller.

  4. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:17:24 -0500, Brian Lyons
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    >10 (to set up ram disk).
    >
    >anyone know of info online?
    >
    >thanks..

    The Kaypro ramdisks used the host interface or a piggy back board to
    provide a host interface. They emulated a simplified hard disk that
    way.

    Allison

  5. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    In article Allison-nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net writes:
    >On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:17:24 -0500, Brian Lyons
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    >>10 (to set up ram disk).
    >>
    >>anyone know of info online?
    >>
    >>thanks..

    >The Kaypro ramdisks used the host interface or a piggy back board to
    >provide a host interface. They emulated a simplified hard disk that
    >way.
    >
    >Allison

    There were plans in Micro-Cornucopia for upgrading the memory on
    Kaypros to 256K. The extra 182K could be used as a RAM disk. It
    wasn't too bad to do on an '83-series machine, but the project for
    the '84's had some "issues", IIRC.

    My own Kaypro 2X has both a 1MB Advent RAM disk and a 32 MB Seagate
    ST-138 drive. I need to boot that sucker up to change the year to
    2006 :-).
    --
    Jeff Wieland

  6. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:15:18 +0000 (UTC), Jeff Wieland
    wrote:

    >In article Allison-nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net writes:
    >>On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:17:24 -0500, Brian Lyons
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    >>>10 (to set up ram disk).
    >>>
    >>>anyone know of info online?
    >>>
    >>>thanks..

    >>The Kaypro ramdisks used the host interface or a piggy back board to
    >>provide a host interface. They emulated a simplified hard disk that
    >>way.
    >>
    >>Allison

    >There were plans in Micro-Cornucopia for upgrading the memory on
    >Kaypros to 256K. The extra 182K could be used as a RAM disk. It
    >wasn't too bad to do on an '83-series machine, but the project for
    >the '84's had some "issues", IIRC.
    >
    >My own Kaypro 2X has both a 1MB Advent RAM disk and a 32 MB Seagate
    >ST-138 drive. I need to boot that sucker up to change the year to
    >2006 :-).

    The advent ramdisk in in my 4-84 and works well. Rather than hard
    disks (I have Amprolb, Visual1050 and s100 systems with HD) I took
    advanatage of the personality card and put 4 floppies on it. Two in
    the front pannel and two inside. Three of the 4 are 3.5" floppies
    and theres space inside for them no problem. The two inside
    have media in them so theres plenty of on line storage (2.8mb).
    Easy way out with out the headaches of the hard disk.

    Allison

  7. Re: Kaypro 10 Ram upgrade

    wrote:

    >In article Allison-nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net writes:
    >>On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:17:24 -0500, Brian Lyons
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for a schematic or any info on adding ram to stock Kaypro
    >>>10 (to set up ram disk).
    >>>
    >>>anyone know of info online?
    >>>
    >>>thanks..

    >>The Kaypro ramdisks used the host interface or a piggy back board to
    >>provide a host interface. They emulated a simplified hard disk that
    >>way.
    >>
    >>Allison

    >There were plans in Micro-Cornucopia for upgrading the memory on
    >Kaypros to 256K. The extra 182K could be used as a RAM disk. It
    >wasn't too bad to do on an '83-series machine, but the project for
    >the '84's had some "issues", IIRC.
    >
    >My own Kaypro 2X has both a 1MB Advent RAM disk and a 32 MB Seagate
    >ST-138 drive. I need to boot that sucker up to change the year to
    >2006 :-).

    I have an 83 board version.

    Is Micro-Cornupopia plans online anywhere?

    My other project for this machine is to add real-time clock. Then I
    can also look forward to setting year register value on annual basis
    ;-)

+ Reply to Thread