CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A - CP/M

This is a discussion on CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A - CP/M ; Hello CP/M-Fan's I have a little Problem with the CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2. I have the CBIOS Disassembly and Assembly and write to the System-Tracks. The CP/M 2.2 bootet from the Drive A. Only the Drive A read and ...

  1. CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    Hello CP/M-Fan's

    I have a little Problem with the CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2.
    I have the CBIOS Disassembly and Assembly and write to the
    System-Tracks.

    The CP/M 2.2 bootet from the Drive A.

    Only the Drive A read and not the Drive B read.

    AIR read from Drive A
    BIR read from Drive A

    I tested it also with NZCOM, but it does not function also better.

    The Drive A have no Problem this can read or write.

    Someone has an Idea that it to lie could

    Rolf

  2. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:01:46 +0200, Rolf Harrmann wrote:

    > Hello CP/M-Fan's
    >
    > I have a little Problem with the CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2.
    > I have the CBIOS Disassembly and Assembly and write to the
    > System-Tracks.
    >
    > The CP/M 2.2 bootet from the Drive A.
    >
    > Only the Drive A read and not the Drive B read.
    >
    > AIR read from Drive A
    > BIR read from Drive A
    >
    > I tested it also with NZCOM, but it does not function also better.
    >
    > The Drive A have no Problem this can read or write.
    >
    > Someone has an Idea that it to lie could
    >
    > Rolf

    Sounds like the SELDSK BIOS routine is broken and always returns the DPH
    for drive A.

    Udo Munk

  3. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    Hello Udo,

    Udo Munk schrieb:

    >Sounds like the SELDSK BIOS routine is broken and always returns the DPH
    >for drive A.

    at present I do not find the Error.
    Look my CBIOS-Code

    http://www.hd64180-z180.de/hd64180.html

    Rolf

  4. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 00:29:45 +0200, Rolf Harrmann wrote:

    > Hello Udo,
    >
    > Udo Munk schrieb:
    >
    >>Sounds like the SELDSK BIOS routine is broken and always returns the DPH
    >>for drive A.

    > at present I do not find the Error.
    > Look my CBIOS-Code
    >
    > http://www.hd64180-z180.de/hd64180.html
    >
    > Rolf

    I had a brief look and noticed a few things.

    First you are working with magical numbers:

    DPHOFF: EQU 0076H ;
    CBLOFF: EQU 0066H ;

    I don't want to count if this data structure sizes are correct. I would
    have the assembler do such stuff like this:

    DPH: DEFS 30
    DPHE:
    DPHS SET DPHE-DPH

    and then use DPHS instead of magical number 30. When the sizes you use are
    wrong the second disk won't work.

    The calculated offset in SLDSK is passed to the FDC routine, which
    probably does the I/O then. Somehow I fail to see where disk drive 1
    actually is set, because in the structure at cbl0: the drive number is set
    to 0 and also in cbl1:

    Udo Munk

  5. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:14:38 +0200, Udo Munk
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:01:46 +0200, Rolf Harrmann wrote:
    >
    >> Hello CP/M-Fan's
    >>
    >> I have a little Problem with the CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2.
    >> I have the CBIOS Disassembly and Assembly and write to the
    >> System-Tracks.
    >>
    >> The CP/M 2.2 bootet from the Drive A.
    >>
    >> Only the Drive A read and not the Drive B read.
    >>
    >> AIR read from Drive A
    >> BIR read from Drive A
    >>
    >> I tested it also with NZCOM, but it does not function also better.
    >>
    >> The Drive A have no Problem this can read or write.
    >>
    >> Someone has an Idea that it to lie could
    >>
    >> Rolf

    >Sounds like the SELDSK BIOS routine is broken and always returns the DPH
    >for drive A.
    >
    >Udo Munk

    That may be true or the hardware drive selection is not working! If
    the hardware Drive select relies on the disk select pins (mod CP/M
    systems of the era did) then make sure the second (B) drive is at the
    correctly selected address (drive select jumpers on the drive).

    Since FDC operation is NOT a inherent part of the 64180 we lack
    a great deal of system information. Diagnosis is at best a guess
    at this point.

    Allison

  6. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    Hello Udo,

    Udo Munk schrieb:

    >The calculated offset in SLDSK is passed to the FDC routine, which
    >probably does the I/O then. Somehow I fail to see where disk drive 1
    >actually is set, because in the structure at cbl0: the drive number is set
    >to 0 and also in cbl1:

    thanks for looking my CBIOS-Code.

    The Error by CBIOS-Code "cbl1".

    cbl1:
    defb 0 ;
    defb 0 ;
    defb 0 ;
    E573:
    defb 1 ; DRIVE 14.10.2007 HR ;0 ;

    Rolf

  7. Re: CBIOS HD64180 for CP/M 2.2 only read or write Drive A

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 02:05:14 +0200, Rolf Harrmann wrote:

    > thanks for looking my CBIOS-Code.
    >
    > The Error by CBIOS-Code "cbl1".

    No problem, glad it helped.

    Udo Munk