QED editor - CP/M

This is a discussion on QED editor - CP/M ; A Long Long time ago, I was a graduate student at Purdue University and I made a lot of use of the QED editor, which was line oriented time sharing editor, on the PROCSY system. This was a combination of ...

  1. QED editor

    A Long Long time ago, I was a graduate student at Purdue University and I
    made a lot of use of the QED
    editor, which was line oriented time sharing editor, on the PROCSY system.
    This was a combination of
    a modcomp front end and dual CDC 6500 / 6600.

    There was a CP/ M version of the QEd editor, which I have the executable
    code for, Unfortunately, I have
    lost the source code...either machine readable or hard copy listing. At one
    time I had both.

    Does anyone know of or have the source to this CP/M editor ... I think it
    was published by
    a company in Lafayette Indiana - Technical Services Corporation ?

    I would also love to find the Purdue Dual MACE or PROCSY images, to run on
    the cyber emulator

    Dave Bloodgood

  2. Re: QED editor

    In alt.folklore.computers "news.west.cox.net" wrote:

    >A Long Long time ago, I was a graduate student at Purdue University and I
    >made a lot of use of the QED
    >editor, which was line oriented time sharing editor, on the PROCSY system.
    >This was a combination of
    >a modcomp front end and dual CDC 6500 / 6600.
    >
    >There was a CP/ M version of the QEd editor, which I have the executable
    >code for, Unfortunately, I have
    >lost the source code...either machine readable or hard copy listing. At one
    >time I had both.

    Well ... You CAN run the editor under the SIMH emulator; and yes, on
    external OS files like DOS, Windows, or Linux. You just have to port
    them in and port them back out again.

    --
    _____
    / ' / ™