Looking for Kaypro-II schematic.. - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for Kaypro-II schematic.. - CP/M ; I'm looking for schematic for Kaypro-II (not 2). This is the version that DID NOT use the 6845 for video. The board by parts count is much simpler that the 4/84 series boards and is not a partially populated '84 ...

  1. Looking for Kaypro-II schematic..

    I'm looking for schematic for Kaypro-II (not 2). This is the version
    that DID NOT use the 6845 for video. The board by parts count is
    much simpler that the 4/84 series boards and is not a partially
    populated '84 board.

    Allison

  2. Re: Looking for Kaypro-II schematic..

    nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net schrieb:
    > I'm looking for schematic for Kaypro-II (not 2). This is the version
    > that DID NOT use the 6845 for video. The board by parts count is
    > much simpler that the 4/84 series boards and is not a partially
    > populated '84 board.
    >

    > Allison

    I hope I will be able to publish the schematics today (in the evening)
    on my Kaypro specific webpages at http:/www.z80.eu/kaypro.html ...

    Regards
    Peter

  3. Re: Looking for Kaypro-II schematic..

    On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:30:15 +0200, Peter Dassow
    wrote:

    >nospam@nouce.bellatlantic.net schrieb:
    >> I'm looking for schematic for Kaypro-II (not 2). This is the version
    >> that DID NOT use the 6845 for video. The board by parts count is
    >> much simpler that the 4/84 series boards and is not a partially
    >> populated '84 board.
    >>

    >> Allison
    >>

    >I hope I will be able to publish the schematics today (in the evening)
    >on my Kaypro specific webpages at http:/www.z80.eu/kaypro.html ...
    >
    >Regards
    > Peter

    thanks, got them... It's the 81-110-n board I have in mine.
    Currently working but I was looking to make sure I have docs to fix it
    if needed.

    Whats nice is the Kaypro-II is much ore fixable as the on;y "custom"
    parts are a pair of 2716s and they are easily copied. The rest is
    Z80,PIO,SIO and 1793 and a remarkably small amount of TTL.

    Allison

  4. Re: Looking for Kaypro-II schematic..

    > Whats nice is the Kaypro-II is much ore fixable as the only "custom"
    > parts are a pair of 2716s and they are easily copied. The rest is
    > Z80,PIO,SIO and 1793 and a remarkably small amount of TTL.

    Well, it's a remarkably close "clone" of Fergurson's "Big Board"
    system.
    My understanding is that the Xerox 820 was a licensed copy, but
    Kaypro's was not.

    - Gary

+ Reply to Thread