Hex.com for Dos or windows - CP/M

This is a discussion on Hex.com for Dos or windows - CP/M ; Hi anyone know where i can get a version of Hex.com that is compatible with the cp/m version. what i want to do is make a hex file of kermit and send it through as a text file using serial ...

  1. Hex.com for Dos or windows

    Hi

    anyone know where i can get a version of Hex.com that is compatible with the
    cp/m version. what i want to do is make a hex file of kermit and send it
    through as a text file using serial rs232 to my amstrad where i want to
    unhex it so i can use it.

    Alternatively does anyone know where i can get kermit in hex form already ??
    so i can just send it to the amstrad pcw8512 ???

  2. Re: Hex.com for Dos or windows

    molla barzani wrote:

    > anyone know where i can get a version of Hex.com that is compatible with
    > the cp/m version. what i want to do is make a hex file of kermit and send
    > it through as a text file using serial rs232 to my amstrad where i want to
    > unhex it so i can use it.

    A quick trick is to use Pasmo, my cross-assembler. Write a short .asm file
    with an ORG 100H directive and an INCBIN "kermit.com", and assemble it with
    the option to generate hex format output.

    http://www.arrakis.es/~ninsesabe/pasmo/

    --
    Salu2

  3. Re: Hex.com for Dos or windows

    In article <44b7886c@news.rivernet.com.au>,
    "molla barzani" writes:
    > Hi
    >
    > anyone know where i can get a version of Hex.com that is compatible with the
    > cp/m version. what i want to do is make a hex file of kermit and send it
    > through as a text file using serial rs232 to my amstrad where i want to
    > unhex it so i can use it.
    >
    > Alternatively does anyone know where i can get kermit in hex form already ??
    > so i can just send it to the amstrad pcw8512 ???

    Actually, if you go to ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/a/ you will find a
    file named cpvpcw.hex. This is the version of kermit for the amstrad pcw8512
    already hexifyed.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include