KayPro collectors: Need boot/utilities disk for a KayPro 16 - CP/M

This is a discussion on KayPro collectors: Need boot/utilities disk for a KayPro 16 - CP/M ; Hi I know it's somewhat OT here, but I've searched the net and can't seem to find any disks/images for a KayPro 16. Trying to help someone out in comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic who needs to low level format the hard drive in ...

  1. KayPro collectors: Need boot/utilities disk for a KayPro 16

    Hi

    I know it's somewhat OT here, but I've searched the net and can't seem
    to find any disks/images for a KayPro 16. Trying to help someone out in
    comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic who needs to low level format the hard drive in
    a KayPro 16 and doesn't have the floppys that came with this system. I
    know the Western Digital controller made for the KayPro 16 doesn't have
    the low level format routines in the ROM.

    Are the disks for a 16 out there somewhere?

    Rick

  2. Re: KayPro collectors: Need boot/utilities disk for a KayPro 16

    Despite all prevention efforts, Rick wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > I know it's somewhat OT here, but I've searched the net and can't seem
    > to find any disks/images for a KayPro 16. Trying to help someone out in
    > comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic who needs to low level format the hard drive in
    > a KayPro 16 and doesn't have the floppys that came with this system. I
    > know the Western Digital controller made for the KayPro 16 doesn't have
    > the low level format routines in the ROM.

    Thanks Rick. I was just coming over to post my request. Yes, I'm the poor
    soul who would REALLY like to get his Kaypro 16 up and running again from
    the hard drive. Any help would be much appreciated!

    thanks

    --
    Slor

+ Reply to Thread